cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to configure a Gadgets in which the Agent is able to write down notes after a call and these notes are sent to the external SQL database?

CSCO11470555
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

As you seem in the subject of this discussion I would like to configure a Gadgets in which the Agent is able to write down notes after a call and these notes are sent to the external SQL database.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

7 Replies 7

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

It depends how these notes will be sent to the external SQL database. A gadget is really just a mini page within the container. You can have the notes as a big input field and grab the content of this and send it off. Is there some sort of API that has been written to wrap around the "sending to the DB"? Or will the gadget need to access the SQL server directly? I think the latter is still possible, but not recommended.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thank you very much for your comment.

I would like to configure the second option, the gadget will send the text directly to the SQL database. Could you please let me know why it's not recommendable?

Thank you for your help.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Could you please let me know why it's not recommendable?

I was doing some research before answering your question to make sure you can access a SQL database via JavaScript, which is what you would need for the gadget. Most of the sites I saw didn't recommend a client accessing the DB due to performance. In your use case, you want to write notes to the database after every call. So lets say that you connect to the DB when the agent logs in. Depending on the number of agents you have, that can be 2000 connections to the DB. Then every time an agent ends a call, there will be a write to the DB. Again, depending on how many calls you have, that can be a lot too.

You can try it out and see how it goes. If you do a performance test on it and it works fine, then go for it!

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thank you very much for your help! your information has been so useful for me.

Thanks once again.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Hi Daniel,

There is a Cisco partner who has such a gadget that you have described. I have reached out to you via LinkedIN.

BR,

Matej

Hi Matej,

I have replied to you via LinkedIn.

Thanks.

Regards,

I've achieved the

1. Build pop-up / embedded gadgets which will come/show once the call has finished.
  2. The agent will have few seconds to fill up the form.
  3. Agents will save it, or the system will auto save it once the wrap-up time has over.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: