Views
Helpful
Replies

[issue] UCCX Sciprt Sendmail

nganvt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,
On UCCX 12 Premium, I'm having trouble establishing sendmail (SMPT).
My customer has switched the SMTP encryption technique to STARTTLS and the SMTP port to 587 as part of a mail service migration. I attempted to go through the documentation for the SMPT adjustment, but I couldn't find anything. fruit.
I discovered that this is doable by reading articles on community.cisco.com

(link: https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-knowledge-base/uccx-quick-java-recipes/ta-p/3113801).

But when I consult certain documentation regarding the send mail function in Java and modify it to fit the customer's mail service, I encounter the issue as displayed.

sendmail_error.png

I'm sorry if this disturbed you. I haven't used Java in Sciprt CCX before.
Hope everyone can pitch in.

2 Replies 2

I don't know that this will help, but have you added the certificate (or the CA) that the mail server is using as a 'tomcat-trust' certificate on the UCCX boxes? You would have to restart the 'Cisco Tomcat' service on each box (assuming HA) after the trust certificate was added on the publisher (which should automatically replicate to the subscriber).

Hi Elliot Dierksen,

I appreciate your thoughtful and instructive comments

But since it's possible that you don't know the details case, I'll be more precise

My customer utilizes UCCX 12.X Premium, which once had email capabilities available in the subsystem menu (Email).
However, they were unable to use port 25 for sendmail when they changed to the new mail system (D365), which prevented the Email functionality on UCCX from functioning.

I appreciate your thoughtful and instructive comments.
But since it's possible that you don't know the details, I'll be more precise.
My customer utilizes UCCX 12.X Premium, which once had email capabilities available in the subsystem menu (Email).
However, they were unable to use port 25 for sendmail when they changed to the new mail system (D365), which prevented the Email functionality on UCCX from functioning.

Like in the previous post, I test sendmail using java recipes in uccx script editor, but I keep getting syntax-related error messages.
I don't know where is wrong.