Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI GW install/Confguration/ Validation IN PG

dhatchina120584
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade our CUCM version from 10.5 to 12.x. Once its done we need to install the 12.x version JTAPI GW in our CUCM PG. So i like to know how to install/ configure and validate JTAPI GW in our CUCM PG. So please let me know is there any process document available to complete it successfully. 

11 Replies 11

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight
  1. Uninstall the old one and reboot for good measure
  2. Go to your CUCM 12.x downloads page and download its version of JTAPI
  3. Install JTAPI on your CUCM PG
  4. And the easiest way to validate is go to Portico and see if the process goes Active. If it does, that means there's a successful connection, via JTAPI, to and from the PG to CUCM

Thanks Omar for the quick response and steps. 

One more question, any input (IP address, user name & password, ect..) need to be provided during the install in PG?

How to troubleshoot if the JTAPI GW process is not running/ not coming up in portico page? Which log or file needs to be analyse to find out the problem?

The install is pretty much Next Next Finish - no need to enter any information. the information you really need is when you setup the PIM during PG Setup, and that should still be there.
If you're seeing in Portico that it's not Active, you can dump the jgw1 log and attach it in this thread so that we can help you troubleshoot.

Once again thanks Omar.

One last question. from the below cisco document i found an entry "Before you install the JTAPI client, ensure that the previous version is uninstalled" for new JTAPI client install. So once the uninstall done do i need to reboot the server to clear the previous version configuration and then start to install the new client? or without rebooting the server i can start to install the new client and finally reboot it. please advise...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_12_0_1/Installation/Guide/ucce_b_12-install-upgrade-guide-ucce/ucce_b_1171-install-upgrade-guide-ucce_chapter_0100.html#UCCE_TK_I2CC11D6_00

I would reboot just to make sure those breadcrumbs are gone

Hi Omer & All,

Following with same subject, i found one odd entry from the below document,

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_12_0_1/Installation/Guide/ucce_b_12-install-upgrade-guide-ucce/ucce_b_1171-install-upgrade-guide-ucce_chapter_0100.html#task_B112889BEAAA131...

Its mentioned "Step 5 :Click the link next to Download Cisco JTAPI for Windows. Download the 32 bit version only.".

Our PG servers are running on 64bit OS, but in the above document, download specifically 32 bit version.

So some please clarify is it correct option for 64bit OS?

As per my understanding, 32bit installer will not work on 64 bit OS servers....

Yes, that is correct, you will need to install the 32 bit version. I don't know all the technical details (it's somewhere buried in a folder), but 64 bit JTAPI will not work, regardless if your OS is 32 or 64 bit.

We ran a test in our lab environment (CUCM - 10.5 & UCCE PG - 11.x) and 64bit Jtapi was able to install in 64bit OS server. And it worked fine without any issue.

But havn't tested 32bit jtapi in 64bit OS server. Need verify this scenario..

Any thoughts.....

Just because it works doesn't mean it's supported. You need to install the 32bit JTAPI

Hi Omar & All,

Having one more question, can we start to install the JTAPI client in PG once the CUCM upgrade completed? or do we need to wait until the the DB replication completes in CUCM cluster?

Please advise...

You can do it once the upgrade is complete, but I'd wait for replication to complete for peace of mind.