cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Know of a way to dynamically set business hours?

dave.dockendorf
Level 1
Level 1

I have a request from one of my Call Center Supervisors to randomly change her hours of business for her call center.  Currently I am just doing the old time of day logic.

She wants to be able to change it at her leisure.

I am guessing that there is a way to call a XML document to do this, but I am still pretty green at this.

Has anyone done this before and have some ideas?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I have a request from one of my Call Center Supervisors to randomly change her hours of business for her call center.

I guess you don't really mean "random" but "on demand".

Question: if the supervisor wants to open early, how do the customers/callers know to call early? If the supervisor wants to close later, how do the callers know to call after the normal close time?

Regards,

Geoff

Steven Pawlak
Level 1
Level 1

You can do an XML doc or if they are that dynamic of a call center just skip the DoW and ToD and do a check to see if agents are logged in. If they are, you are open. If they are not, you are closed. I have seen/done this before and it works well.

This puts the control on the supervisor to make sure agents are logged in and out when they need to be. Otherwise YOU will be changing the XML file at all hours of the day to keep up with the supervisors idea of a schedule.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: