cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAA vs. Custom Agent Selection

robmbarrett
Level 1
Level 1

My first post in this forum...not sure how this post works...gonna try.

We use  ICM 7.5.10.

We have always used “Longest Available Agent” for the selection criteria agent selection.

However – the agents always had 2 lines.

They were able to use their 2nd line to make outbound calls.

Recently we took that away – they only have 1 line.

So – they now use their single line (ACD) for outbound calls.

This now puts the agent “at the bottom of the list” for receiving calls since they go "Not Ready".

We are looking to find out – is there a “custom” way to distribute calls that does not take into account  outbound calls?

That is -- instead of LAA or NAA - can a custom selection criteria be used so that oubound calls are not counted as activity?

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this and what workarounds are available -if any.

Thanks,

Bob.

2 Replies 2

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately there's no easy way to do this. I've had to get creative with this by queueing to individual agents based on number of calls each agent has taken for the day. This of course complicates reporting tremendously so I would only recommend even considering an approach such as this for a very small group where reporting isn't as critical. Not only that, management of a design like this is not ideal so I would only even consider it if you're hand is forced.

mashdown2e2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, if you use a Route Select node for your distribution of calls to available agents (consider if = *.Avail or LongestAvailable>0), you don't need to use Longest Available (standard) in the "Select Max Value Of". You can add your own customised expression here instead. This can even be based on a custom function.  If you don't want "Select Max Value Of", you can change this to a "Distribute By" and again use your own expression.  I expect you'll need to try a few different variation and combinations to find something suitable.

Good luck!

Mark