cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging in a headless application when SSO is active

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have an application that uses the finesse APis and XMPP. The app is headless, runs as a windows service.

I have a local cucm enduser configured as agent, and I'm using that user to use both the Finesse REST APis and XMPP. Been working since UC10. All other agents are AD integrated, synced with CUCM. Agents login with their Active Directory login and passsword, and everbody is happy.

Now I have a customer who wants to use SSO on Finesse. As soon as you turn that on, my application stops working. As per this Finesse SSO guide I'm supposed to make a Request to http(s)://finesse1.xyz.com/desktop/sso/token to get an access token. But, that request gets redirected to my ADFS Server, which shows a login page. So, you need a browser to login. But my service app has no such browser, it's a headless application. So how can it get a token? it has the login/password of an AD integrated agent, but how do I get the token without having the ability to visit the ADFS login page in a browser?

1 Reply 1

Hmm, I would have to imagine you have to figure out a way to authenticate via Windows no?

david