Views
Helpful
Replies

Menu Prompt

juan_cye_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am configuring a ccx (8.5) script with a menu step, i want configure 3 retries but i have a problem because i always hearing the prompt "are you still there?" (default prompt) if i don´t type anything. I have tried to configure timeout step with a custom prompt but it doesn´t work.

How can i solve this?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Basically, what you need to do is add a few steps to emulate what the 'retries' option does, without 'retries' enabled.

1) Set up an int variable, called 'iCount'. Or whatever you like.

2) Before the menu, add a 'set' step, setting iCount to 0. Then add an 'increment' step after that referring to iCount. Set a label on the increment step, called 'Repeat Menu'.

3) Set 'retries' to 0 on the menu step.

4) Now, in both your timeout and unsuccesful etc branches of the menu step, put an IF step. Set it to IF 'iCount > 2' (or however many retries you want). The true branch should send to a label after the menu (i.e. your default option to be taken if there have been more than 2 retries). The false branch should have a 'goto' step, set to the 'Repeat Menu' label. This sends it back to the increment step, then plays the menu again without the 'are you still there'. Next time the user fails to pick an option, iCount is checked and if it is more than 2, the loop is broken.

Would be nice if there was an option to turn off the 'are you there', as it sounds very unprofessional to mix voices... but I use this workaround all the time.

Hope it's clear!

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

This email communication does not create or vary any contractual relationship between Logicalis and you. Internet communications are not secure and accordingly Logicalis does not accept any legal liability for the contents of this message. The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact Logicalis on the above switchboard number quoting the name of the sender and the addressee and then delete it from your system. Please note that neither Logicalis nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).

Logicalis UK Ltd, Registered in England and Wales No: 3732397, Registered Office: 110 Buckingham Avenue, Slough. Berkshire, SL1 4PF

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Instead of using a menu step, have you tried using a Get Digit String step instead?  You can use the same menu recording.  Then use an If statement to do the menu routing.  If a caller doesn't choose a menu option, it will go to the Timeout leg and you can then set up an If statement and use an Increment step.

If (retryAttempts < 3) Then

True

Increment retryAttempts

Goto front of Get Digit String

False

whatever you want to do

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Andrew, thanks for your reply

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Basically, what you need to do is add a few steps to emulate what the 'retries' option does, without 'retries' enabled.

1) Set up an int variable, called 'iCount'. Or whatever you like.

2) Before the menu, add a 'set' step, setting iCount to 0. Then add an 'increment' step after that referring to iCount. Set a label on the increment step, called 'Repeat Menu'.

3) Set 'retries' to 0 on the menu step.

4) Now, in both your timeout and unsuccesful etc branches of the menu step, put an IF step. Set it to IF 'iCount > 2' (or however many retries you want). The true branch should send to a label after the menu (i.e. your default option to be taken if there have been more than 2 retries). The false branch should have a 'goto' step, set to the 'Repeat Menu' label. This sends it back to the increment step, then plays the menu again without the 'are you still there'. Next time the user fails to pick an option, iCount is checked and if it is more than 2, the loop is broken.

Would be nice if there was an option to turn off the 'are you there', as it sounds very unprofessional to mix voices... but I use this workaround all the time.

Hope it's clear!

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

This email communication does not create or vary any contractual relationship between Logicalis and you. Internet communications are not secure and accordingly Logicalis does not accept any legal liability for the contents of this message. The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact Logicalis on the above switchboard number quoting the name of the sender and the addressee and then delete it from your system. Please note that neither Logicalis nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).

Logicalis UK Ltd, Registered in England and Wales No: 3732397, Registered Office: 110 Buckingham Avenue, Slough. Berkshire, SL1 4PF

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I am agree with you. I had already configured menu step with the same config that you mentioned.

I appreciate your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: