Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from Cisco Agent Desktop to Finesse

sps210001
Level 1
Level 1

System version: 10.6.1.10000-39

I have done as many searches as I can think of on this topic and I have come up with a lot of mixed results.

From my understanding it looks like I only need to run utils uccx finesse activate on my primary and secondary server and do a cluster reboot to enable finesse.

Can anyone shed some light on how they migrated their old CAD users over to finesse?  I am trying to document this process as much as I can to make it easier for the next individual that needs help. 

4 Replies 4

Anoop Krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Please  do refer to this Document 

Migrating from CAD to Finesse

Thanks, I looked at that document and it provides very little information. What is meant by

You must move agents from CAD to Cisco Finesse in the following sequence:
1. Move all email agents and supervisors to Cisco Finesse.
2. Move all chat agents and supervisors to Cisco Finesse.
3. Migrate all voice only agents from CAD to Cisco Finesse by Team as defined under Team Structure in Prerequisites section.
4. Cisco Finesse IPPA is not available in Unified CCX 10.6. Teams which have agents using IPPA must continue to use CAD and CSD.

This doesn't mean anything to me, the information is to vague.

CAD and Finesse can coexist on the same CCX 10.6 system but CANNOT intermingle. An agent/supervisor, team, and CSQ are EITHER CAD or Finesse, not both! Additionally, the entire chat/email functionality is either CAD or Finesse-based, not both.

Chat and Email only for finesse with Socialminer not CAD if using Mixed mode.