Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH via CUCM vs MOH .WAV UCCX

B_VOIP_NE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a quick question.  Occasionally when using the "Hold Call" step in UCCX the music on hold will simply not play.  Sometimes it works fine and other times it will just be silence.

I am working on a new application/script in UCCX and created a custom 30 second on hold music prompt.  Is there any possible negative side effects to playing the music on hold prompt directly within the UCCX script instead of using the "Hold Call" step which kicks it over to CUCM for the music on hold source?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Probably a combination of:

1) People don't consider efficient manners of doing things

2) People see it as the example and just follow suit

3) Single source to manage Music on Hold (CUCM)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Nikhil Aind
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are using a hold step on the script, "User Hold Audio Source" configured on the CCG will come into the picture and CUCM will play the MoH, Make sure the MoH which is being played is not multicast because CTI devices doesn't support multicast.

There is no side effect of playing a prompt on CCX in queue as long as its interruptible and less than 5 minutes, so that the call can be sent to a agent if he gets available.

Regards,

Nikhil

✪ Please rate helpful posts

Thank you for the information.  Yes, I understand the hold step uses the MOH source in CUCM.  The problem is sometimes this works and other times it's just silence for the duration of the delay step after the call hold step. 

Thank you for confirming there is no issue with using a prompt in UCCX with hold music.  If I convert other of our applications over will there be any issues with performance?  The prompt I am using for hold music is about 1 minute long.  Is there a benefit to using music on hold source in CCM vs. a prompt with music on hold in CCM?

Technically, playing a prompt is more efficient than placing the call on hold. Less traffic/messaging/invoking with CUCM.

Thank you for confirming.  If it's more efficient to do this in UCCX why do so many scripts I see out there use the "call hold" step followed by a delay and unhold.  Why not just play a prompt with on hold music for the wanted delay duration?

Probably a combination of:

1) People don't consider efficient manners of doing things

2) People see it as the example and just follow suit

3) Single source to manage Music on Hold (CUCM)

Thank you for your help Anthony.

Why did you state the 5 minutes?