cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Move caller to new Call Control Group

brown3wab
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to streamline our UCCX applications.  Currently, we have the call coming into Unity Connection via a Call Handler.  That CH provides the caller with an English and Spanish option. The CH then forwards the call to the appropriate trigger in UCCX. In UCCX, each trigger belongs to a separate Application and CSQ.  

My desired solution would be to remove the call from Unity Cxn.  Then setup a UCCX Application with one Trigger. Calls would route to one CSQ but play MOH Language based on a menu where they select English or Spanish. My challenge is the MOH language.  I know there are two ways of setting the MOH; through the Call Control Group associated with the Trigger, or by configuring Prompts with the MOH.  I do not wish to set the Prompts, as this will require micromanaging every time we change our MOH, which can be frequent at times.  

I'm looking for a way to switch the CCG in the script based on the callers menu option for English or Spanish, without rerouting the call to a separate Trigger.  Or if there's another solution I'm not thinking of. I'd prefer not to create a separate trigger, because this would cause Application reporting to display two calls every time the call was rerouted to the second Trigger. 

Any insight is appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot switch CCG in the middle of a call without sending it to another trigger.  So, I'm afraid you'll have to pick between playing prompts in the correct language and keep reporting intact, or mess up the reporting and call redirect to another trigger.  I personally would just do the former.  Not only is it a cleaner solution to implement and support, it's less stress on CUCM, the VGW and the network; you remove all supplementary signaling from the call as it pertains to deactivating and reactivating media multiple times.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot switch CCG in the middle of a call without sending it to another trigger.  So, I'm afraid you'll have to pick between playing prompts in the correct language and keep reporting intact, or mess up the reporting and call redirect to another trigger.  I personally would just do the former.  Not only is it a cleaner solution to implement and support, it's less stress on CUCM, the VGW and the network; you remove all supplementary signaling from the call as it pertains to deactivating and reactivating media multiple times.

Thank you.  This is kind of my thought process as well.  After testing, the reporting isn't hindered as much as I thought it'd be. CSQ reports will still only show the call totals that actually get queued, so as long as the redirect happens before queuing the call, all is well.  The Application report also tells you if the call was handed off, so you can sort calls that way. 

The only major change in troubleshooting is how I will debug. I will  need to open the script twice, once for the initial call, and then second for a call that gets handed over to a new trigger. 

I'm glad you have a solution which works for you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: