cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Examples of scripting marketing messages in UCCX

lmrscheff
Level 1
Level 1

I need to play 3 different marketing messages while the customer is in queue, do I just create 1st queue loop listening to 1st marketing message, then if the caller still has not been answered create 2nd queue loop listening to 2nd marketing message etc etc???

6 Replies 6

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

This is how I would go about it, as an example (untested and written on the

fly):

String [] marketingMessages = new String["mktMessage1.wav",

"mktMessage2.wav", "mktMessage3.wav"];

int pos = 1;

on your queued branch:

loop:

call hold

delay 30 seconds

call unhold

if (pos >= 4)

true:

pos = 1

Play Prompt marketingMessages[pos];

increment pos;

goto loop

something like that should work.

note that if you follow the naming convention as above you can replace

markingMessages[pos] with "mktMessage" + pos.toString() + ".wav"

HTH

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Would like to use the Container Prompt Randomazation option but dont know what it should look like.

I created a Container Prompt

added the prompts and weights

dont know what the Output Prompt should be??

For the output prompt you need to create a variable type prompt with and empty value.

After that you need to use a play prompt step with your output variable as the selected prompt in the play prompt step.

Gabriel

Hey Gabriel take a look at my script.  I still cant get the container prompt randomization messages to play.  I still have something configured wrong in this step.

thanks

Answering my own question.  I did get this to work, but having issues with the weighting of the messages.  I have 3 messages and I have them all weighted the same, seems like messages 1 and 2 rotate with each other but I never hear message 3.  Any ideas out there for how to cure this issue?

Hi,

Does the value of the message 3 variable is named the same way as the .wav that you upload through the web administration page? Also try with another prompt, maybe the format of the 3rd one is not correct.

By the way, there is no script in the .zip file.

Gabriel.