Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP server change for UCCX 10.6 SU3

shantanuadhya
Level 1
Level 1

HI ,

I want to change the current NTP on the UCCX server running on 10.6 SU3 .THe configuration is a HA .

PLease suggest me the steps required and also DO I need to Rehost the Licenses.

Also I am getting issues where the call is getting stuck in reserved state for agents .

Error :ABLISHED]->HELD; nested exception is:  com.cisco.jtapi.PlatformExceptionImpl: Cti request timed out

I have done a jtapi and telephony data sync along with uccx engine restart on both the nodes.

The CTI ports and CTI route points are registered .Also the max lookot time is set to 1000 in enterprise parameter of UCCX.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
As you can see here, the license MAC for UCCX does consider the NTP Server 1 setting.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/118924-technote-uccx-00.html#anc15

Therefore, your License MAC will change, and your license file(s) will need to be rehosted. Though, not immediately, you'll have a grace period to get it done. Just email licensing@cisco.com for help.

As for the Agent stuck in reserve issue, the only thing I can think of is...well..two things:

1) Make sure you are never using the Call Redirect step to a translation pattern which then translates to a Trigger. For some reason this has always been problematic.

2) Restart the CTI Manager service on CUCM, as it's the other side of your JTAPI connection (and you did mention you are HA, so just double check you are meeting the network requirements for HA; e.g., BW, latency, FW, etc.)

Hi Anthony ,

It has been observed that it happens for a particular QUEUE .There is no translation pattern .It is observed for a particular time frame from 9:30 am Till 100:00 am .

Other queues are not affected .

I guess I would recommend double checking all Agents who serve that queue and making sure their phone configuration is aligned with what is supported in the release notes here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/release/docs/uccx_b_release-notes-106-su3/uccx_b_release-notes-106-su3_chapter_00.html#concept_321833503851C0A2EDACA4D2B4279F8A__section_6792A89C94A64025...