Replies

One way audio? Help Troubleshooting.

richard.beach
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Here is my scenario.

UCCX 7.0 Call Manager 7.0(1)

On occasion we get feedback from our agents that they receive an ACD call and when they answer no one is on the other end but the call is still active like there is someone there but they can not be heard.

This is not a high percentage of calls but does seem to occur more often with heavier call volumes. Where is the best place to start troubleshooting this possible issue to see if we indeed do have an issue somewhere?

Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Nathan Gageby
Level 4
Level 4

We had this exact issue and it was a programming issue in our scripting.  It required a call to TAC to resolve the issue.  I am looking at my notes now for the fix but you may want to check the way your script handles dequeued calls.

Thanks for the reply.

Never really thought to look at the scipts. We do some dequeuing of calls. I would be interested in anything you might dig up from your notes. In the meantime I'll look into the script and see if I see anything abnormal.

Thanks,

Had the same issue here as well. I also believe it was a dequeueing issue. Once I added the "Dequeue" step is the right place it stopped happening. In my scenario I had callers who were leaving the queue to leave a voicemail which is then emailed, but I was no dequeueing them before they went to go create the message so they never really left the queue. The agent answered the call and heard nothing because the caller was really off leaving a voice message in another part of the script.

This does sound like it could be our problem. The similarities are great.

Our callers are given the option to leave a message if they go to queue. So they are given the option to hit a menu option to leave a message or wait in queue.

If they hit the option to leave a message the message is put into a voice recording and sent back to the queue so that it can be answered once an agent is available. So a little different in that we send ours back to the voice queue and not to email but sounds the same.

In the script there is a menu where option 1 sends them to another part of the script labeled Call Back. The first step after the Call Back label is Dequeue.

I guess if this is our issue where should that dequeue step be moved to? Hmmm now that I look at the script it seems like the step is in the right place. We do dequeue before the message is left it seems anyway.

The only other place I could see to move it would be to move it to the menu option and dequeue before it is sent to Call Back.

My dequeue is also the first step after the label where callers go if they hit a menu option to leave a message. Verify the parameters in the dequeue step are ok, triggering contact and the queue name for example.