Views
Helpful
Replies

Option DTMF Key * (asterisk) isn't working in menu element

bankspb
Level 1
Level 1

Option DTMF Key * (asterisk) isn't work in menu:

A VoiceXML error occurred of type "error.unsupported.format": Grammar not supported

CVP Logs:

3_Option_Menu_01,element,error,error.unsupported.format: Grammar not supported

CVP 11.6(1) with VVB. How to fix it?

12 Replies 12

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

Star * should work in the setting named DTMF KEYPRESS. DO NOT put it into the Grammar setting

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

In Menu settings:

Option 3 DTMF  *   (or also1.png \*)

Option 3 Value 3

Isn't working !

10.85.101.18.1512739139242.18.Test1,12/08/2017 16:19:00.805, The error was: The element 3_Option_Menu_01 prematurely returned a null exit state. A voice element can return a null exit state only if it returns a VoiceXML page which did not occur here.
com.audium.server.AudiumException: The element 3_Option_Menu_01 prematurely returned a null exit state. A voice element can return a null exit state only if it returns a VoiceXML page which did not occur here.
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.continueCall(Controller.java:3675)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.doPost(Controller.java:1116)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:648)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:292)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:207)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:240)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:207)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:212)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:106)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:141)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:88)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:522)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1095)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:672)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1502)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1458)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Do not use backslash unless you're using a Form element. Just use *

And to collect # you must disable it from being the termchar by setting the VoiceXML property named termchar with empty value at the bottom of the settings tab.

With * isn't working too

We need use #  key for another option (up to last level), not for terminate

Michael,

Are you using VVB 11.5?

As Janine says just use "*" and make sure you have installed the latest ES.

There was a bug where "\*" was needed (which was a bug), but this has been fixed.

Gerry

We using 11.6.1.99000-6

Not work

I just tested this on my 11.6 and agree, the * is still not working on

11.6 with VVB (I don't have any patches  installed though)

THANKS!

Hi,

We installed the patch ES 22 with VVB 11.6, but we still have the same issue - is it working for you ?

Thanks

Gilles

Yes, I understand that you're trying to collect the # key as a menu option.

But, the gateway ALWAYS strips the # from a caller's entry as # is the

terminating character.

The gateway will NOT  allow the  # to pass to the app unless you

explicitly  tell the gateway that # is NOT the termchar.

So, as I mentioned in previous email, you MUST disable the termchar by

setting the VoiceXML Property Name: termchar to a blank value. Thus, the

gateway  will treat # as a regular dtmf key, and won't remove it from

the caller's entry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: