Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Dialer calling lists

dsemmler
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

we are running the Cisco Outbound option and I am trying to work out how the dialer determines when to dial multiple numbers in a record.

For instance, a record might contain 3 phone numbers, the dialer dials phone 1 first, but then decides to dial phone 2 or 3 in a random fashion.  I have analysed the return files and there does not seem to be any consistency between when it dfecides to dial phone 2 or 3 (if phone 1 was not connected to an agent)

We have also had instances where it has dialed phone 1 and 2 at the same time, and had to dump 1 call when phone 1 connected to an agent.

any hwlp on tuning the paramater is appreciated.

Darren

3 Replies 3

How many dialers do you have?  If you only have one and you set one line per agent I'm sure you would see Phone01, Phone02, Phone03 being dialed in that order.  If you have multiple dialers and multiple lines, it might not be as clean.  At the end of the day the dialer is going to dial any one of those 3 phone numbers to try and get to the customer, if you want Phone01 to always be dialed first and/or multiple times.  Set up two campaigns, one for Phone01 and another for Phone02/03.

david

What version are you running (icm, cucm, ivr/cvp?)?

The dialer generaly dials in the order you configure at the campaign setup menu in the outbound option config manager.

Check the dialer detail table and the dialing list for the call result values of the calls.

There is also a registry key "Pending over retry" which forces the dialer to dial pending contacts before the ones it already dialed and has to retry, might help.

thanks for the replies , we are running ICM 7.2.7, CUCM 6.1.2 IPIVR 5.  I will have a look fo that registry key andn I am assuming it is part of the campaign manager registry and not the dialer registry.