Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Option: DialingListID has negative value on contact import

elias.eggel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

We're experiencing some weird behaviour on Outbound Options Dialing List Table column "DialingListID". After importing one or more contacts, the ID has a value less then 0, e.g. -2147483604. It's the same if we import it using "oldschool import rule" or if we do it using Outbound Imports API.

Besides not looking OK in general, this has a direct impact of not being able to query specific contact information using Import API.

It's a new setup and not live yet and previously I've seen already "valid ids" but couldn't say when/why it changed to import contacts with negative values.

Any ideas why this can happen resp. how to fix it?

UCCE Version is 12.0(1)

Regards

Elias

8 Replies 8

So you're saying you import a list of 5 records, it imports fine, but then if say you import 5 more records, that may have the weird behavior with the negative DialinglistID?

Is there anything unique about "bad" the import (bad format of data, etc.)?

No happen anyways. If I append contacts, but also if I do a complete new import (<overwriteData>false</overwriteData>)

Does it happen if you use the exact same file in testing?

So import file A, it is good, do another import of exact same file A again 10 minutes later, this behavior happens? There are some defects like this one that mention unusual behavior based on file name for instance.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvr89233

It happened if I used the exact same file resp. if I was using the "non-API-way" but also with a new file. It just kept adding up the (negative) number.

After removing the campaign completely and start from scratch, IDs seem to be normal again.. at least using API.

UPDATE:

I noted that this happens after I cycled Logger (with Campaign Mgr on it) on side A. As soon as side A became active again the ids were ok.

Using txt file to import contacts is for some reason not possible anymore as baImport cannot read the values from a simple txt (or csv) file anymore... attached logfile, maybe you have also some ideas about this..? :) (it was importing some hours ago when I had the negative-id issue, so that's kind of strange..)

UPDATE:

After completely deleting the query/import rules and campaign and adding them again from scratch, import did work fine. No idea why..

Thanks for sharing your updates. I'd be curious if you failed back over to B if the issue happens again, which might point to an outbound option redundancy setup type issue.

GM,

I knew it is an old post.

I ran into this very same issue on a HA dialer yesterday. 

In a HA setup if the Campaign manager is active on side A DB, the seed value starts from 1 and if it is on sideB  seed value starts from -2XXXXXXXXXX. Apparently, this is mentioned in the dialer developer guide. Credit goes to Cisco TAC engineer Vipul Varshney for showing me this.

As for Bill's question above, it did utilize a -ve value in my case, -2147483644 is the DialingListID and call does routes successfully when side B is active (HA mode)

HTH

Senthil Natarajan

Thank you for sharing. This outbound option developer's guide, is that Cisco internal only or something available to partners and/or customers?