cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound phone number masking

rbermel83
Level 1
Level 1

We have an internal Call Center with "Branded" Toll free numbers for any given customer, is there any way to mask the outbound number based on what client the call is being made on behlf of? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only way to massage the outbound caller ID is either via the External Phone Number mask assigned to the dialing DN, or per dialed number via dedicated Route pattern for example, i.e. if I call certain number I can mask the caller ID with specific number, not sure if this is how you do your calling, plus this may require a lot of route pattern.  Please eleborate how the call flow looks like?

Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris. What we are tryign to accomplish is to have a CSR making an outbound call on behalf of one of our customers from a number that we have assigned to our customer and have the Caller ID show up as our customer. I don't think this is possible through IPCC scripiting and am starting to look into JTAPI scripting to provide this level of runctionality.

Ryan

Correct, this is not availbale with native scripting nor configuration, customer development is the only option. Seems like you are on the correct track.

HTH,

Chris