Views
Helpful
Replies

Pass variable from one script to another using Get contact info

ashwassif
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I been reading about passing variables between scripts and ended up at this discussion https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-11-5-session-data-issue/td-p/3734009  explaining that you should not use the get session info and mapping id etc.. and should use the get contact info step instead as the unique call session last for 30 minutes. 

@Jonathan Schulenberg said that he should use the Get contact info step on all scripts, but i am unclear on how to use that step to pass the information to application/script 2 or how to reference it on the second script.

In my situation i have a script 1 that is used by 300 different applications and they all have a parameter for a voicemail pilot number which is unique to each application. I want to pass that parameter over to script 2 after a redirect. In that second script/app i will have a standard prompt for all 300 apps and then send the caller to the corresponding voicemail number.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can get the triggering contact's session to store/retrieve the String variable for the voicemail pilot number. There is no need for a mapping ID here because the triggering contact's session ID is retained as they a transferred amongst IVR applications. (Mapping IDs are often seen in queued callback implementations, or at least the ones that aren't using the trigger application step, because the original triggering contact and associated session cannot be maintained end-to-end.)

@Jonathan Schulenberg thank you for your reply.

Before i see your reply i was playing around and managed to get it working in test environment by using a set session info step on script 1 and mapping the voicemail variable in the context to that. on script 2 i used the get contact info and get session info after that map the same variable once again. 

Is this a different way of doing it? or would that setup have side effects with multiple concurrent calls in production?

screenshot of the scripts below. thanks 

script 1.jpgScript  2.jpg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: