Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE 11.6 precision queuing - routing strategy

touma.kayal
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i have implemented PQ for one of my contact center and we are testing the below scenario:

agent one -> attribute postpaid = 10, attribute prepaid = 7

agent two -> attribute postpaid = 7 , attribute prepaid = 10

Precision queueing, Cisco Packaged Contact Center Enterprise

each attribute is mapped to a queue

both agents are in not ready state

a prepaid client called the call center and reaches the prepaid queue, then after this a postpaid client calls the call center and is routed to the postpaid queue

now if agent 1 goes into ready state, the prepaid client which called first reached the agent,although there was another postpaid client that enters the queue, knowing that the agent have a higher still to take postpaid calls. But in this case he took the prepaid calls. 

why agent one didn't get the call of the postpaid client who is most skilled for this skill, but he took the prepaid client how called 1st???????

how can we make it in a way that if agent one goes into ready state, he will take the client from the queue where he have the highest proficiency level and not the 1st call that enters the queue (prepaid)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

why agent one didn't get the call of the postpaid client who is most skilled for this skill, but he took the prepaid client how called 1st???????

Because of FIFO (First In First Out). Despite the fact that Agent One has a higher proficiency for postpaid, the prepaid call entered the queue first, therefor, it will be the first call to route to an agent.

how can we make it in a way that if agent one goes into ready state, he will take the client from the queue where he have the highest proficiency level and not the 1st call that enters the queue (prepaid) 

That's not how the Call Router works, what you're asking for defeats the purpose of an ACD. You want calls to come in and wrap up as fast as the agent can take them. If you have an agent skilled to take a call, regardless of their proficiency, that call will route to an agent as soon as one becomes available. If you want to work around this, you can have other agents available with higher proficiency so that they take the call over Agent One. You can also increase the queue priority for postpaid calls so that those calls route to an agent before the prepaid calls.

Proficiency is there to help provide a better customer experience. By routing the call to an agent with a 10, the customer is speaking to someone who's a subject matter expert and this will not also decrease the handle time, but should avoid call transfers as well. Proficiency is not there to circumvent FIFO.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Because of FIFO (First In First Out). Despite the fact that Agent One has a higher proficiency for postpaid, the prepaid call entered the queue first, therefor, it will be the first call to route to an agent.

That's not how the Call Router works, what you're asking for defeats the purpose of an ACD. You want calls to come in and wrap up as fast as the agent can take them. If you have an agent skilled to take a call, regardless of their proficiency, that call will route to an agent as soon as one becomes available. If you want to work around this, you can have other agents available with higher proficiency so that they take the call over Agent One. You can also increase the queue priority for postpaid calls so that those calls route to an agent before the prepaid calls.

Proficiency is there to help provide a better customer experience. By routing the call to an agent with a 10, the customer is speaking to someone who's a subject matter expert and this will not also decrease the handle time, but should avoid call transfers as well. Proficiency is not there to circumvent FIFO.

Thank you Omar for this great reply. So in case it is a customer requirement to give that priority and not to execute FIFO, I can go to ICM, go to the queue script and set the priority at the precision queue node ??

If this is the case, I will test it and get back to you if it works .

Thank you again for this explanation.

By the way, is there any official document from Cisco that says what you explained to me ?? If yes please share it with me if possible

Regards,

thank you Omar for this great explanation. this helped me to solve my issue

Kind regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: