cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCS call variables not populated in TCD (UCCE 10.5)

cpita
Level 1
Level 1

I have implemented a Post Call Survey but I am struggling to map the survey results to the TCD table. The PCS is executed from a VXML app fine and, once completed, it passes the survey results to ICM which are then mapped to PV10 and CED before releasing the call.

The PV10 and CED variables are shown in RCD as expected but not in TCD. I've seen similar threads about this topic and they suggest this may be bug-related. However, I have tested the solution in a UCCE 11.5 lab environment and I have a similar behaviour.

Does anyone know why? If I could get some guidance or starting point on how to investigate or sort this out would be much appreciated.

On the other hand, reporting is not my strong suit, but I guess the RCD and TCD can be joined/combined to show the proper data - could someone confirm this please?

Carlos
3 Replies 3

Hi cpita,

I'm not sure if the problem you have described is a bug or a feature (I never had a need to write down survey results to TCD table, I've always used external DB integrated with CVP for it) but looking at RCD something may be wrong.

What I would suggest in this case (that might work for you) is to use Capture microapp at the end of the PCS script. This element should always generate an entry despite the behavior of the ICM engine. In my opinion, you should get the values you requested.

BTW - just for curiosity, what ICM Script node are you using to end the PCS call - is it End or Release Call? in PCS I think it should be always Release Call not End.

Marek https://gaman-gt.com
UCCE, PCCE, UCCX, WxCC, Cisco Finesse, Custom Gadget, CVP, CUIC, CUCM

Hi Marek,

Thanks for your response.

I am aware of the capture microapp and, although it would sort the issue out, I'd like to avoid using it. I only have used it in a lab env and not in production plus, Cisco docs are pretty vague in terms on how to use it as it takes lots of resources. I wouldn't know how to report against that though.

Another and prettier option would be to develop a REST API to push the PCS results to the ICM DB. I don't have the skill and don't know what's the level of effort involved in that.

BTW - just for curiosity, what ICM Script node are you using to end the PCS call - is it End or Release Call? in PCS I think it should be always Release Call not End.

The ICM script is ended with a Release call node. Anyway, I am very surprised to see that not any of the call variables are stored in TCD. This seems to happen only on the PCS script, when calling the GS microapp.

Cheers,

-Carlos

Carlos

Thanks Carlos for the input.

I am aware of the capture microapp and, although it would sort the issue out, I'd like to avoid using it. I only have used it 
in a lab env and not in production plus, Cisco docs are pretty vague in terms on how to use it as it takes lots of resources.
I wouldn't know how to report against that though.

You are right, you will not find much about this element in the doc, but in my opinion, it's very helpful. In the environments that I manage we use it very often in inbound scripts to write down call types, call variables, partial call data about the customer when CVP VXML is not involved in the treatment. This way we are able to say what option did customer select in Menu element or what did he enter during DTMF capture. We are also able to see the calculated values of PV's (if we have some equations in the script). I would not worry about the performance - I think that Cisco has just said (as a reminder) that it may consume a lot of resources in cases when you made a mistake in scripting (ex. create a loop with Capture element). I haven't any performance issues in the systems that I manage when I put the Capture in the script.

As for reporting - each pass through the Capture script should generate an entry in TCD which has CallDisposition column field with value 53 (Partial Call). To get the data, just simply select all the entries assigned to PCS call type and add the condition for CallDispositon. It may look like this (sorry I'm writing this query without SQL Management)

SELECT * FROM t_Termination_Call_Detail
WHERE 
    DateTime > '2021-04-25'
    AND DateTime > '2021-04-26'
    AND CallTypeID IN ('5010')
    AND CallDisposition IN ('53')

You will need to adjust the date and call type conditions so they fit your system.

Another and prettier option would be to develop a REST API to push the PCS results to the ICM DB. I don't have the skill 
and don't know what's the level of effort involved in that.

In my opinion, this may be a prettier approach but it's complex and would generate some additional problems - ex. you will need redundant/HA middleware to perform this action. When I work with UCCE I always try to use what is given out-off-the-box and use the custom-developed software in necessity.  I also don't know how would you like to push the data to ICM DB - as far as I remember UCCE doesn't provide such an interface.

At the end, the choice is always yours what to do in the system and which option will fit you best.

Marek https://gaman-gt.com
UCCE, PCCE, UCCX, WxCC, Cisco Finesse, Custom Gadget, CVP, CUIC, CUCM