cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Persistent User Variable in ICM

kiarash.kazemi
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anyone knows what the maximum number of persistent user variables that can be configured on an ICM Enterprise platform. I understand that these are logged to the Logger database so there has to be some limitation.

I am going to be needing to use about 265 persistant User variables, I just wanted to check if anyone could see any issues with that?

4 Replies 4

Holy!!!! Can I ask what exactly you're trying to do?  I've never seen more than a few persistant variables, 265 per call just seems like it would be incredibly and over complex.

david

Hi David,

I know it is a lot but it is for a self service IVR that is interfacing to a credit card transaction back end, so we will need to keep unique sequence IDs for 240 different unique transaction numbers. 

For instance example when a call is received it will be given a transaction ID such as 480020001, this will then be be combined with a sequence number (0001-9999) to give a unique Transaction ID. When the call completes successfully, we increment the sequence number for that transaction ID. The problem is that we have 240 of these transaction ID's and each will have it's own sequence number...

I was thinking that the ICM user variables could be used rather than a database lookup. However I have not ruled out the database yet or any alternative options, as the scripting for the variable would be a real challenge.

Thanks,

Kiarash

Maybe open a PDI ticket to see if they have any information on that, have never seen anything like this.  One thing I would point out, why don't you use the IVR to handle all this information?  I don't think you're utilizing ICM for its intended purpose.  Personally, I leave all the data intensive tasks to the peripheral and ICM is just the traffic cop and the brains of the operation.

david

Hi David,

I was trying to get ICM to control it, as it could control the Numbering for both the CVP pairs but I could just as easily split the ranges and replicate it on the CVP. I presume that I can use a custom java action described in the link below to store the varaibles:

http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/2759754

Many thanks for your help, I think this would be much cleaner approach.