Views
Helpful
Replies

Playing Audio Item from Session Variable

Amith Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have concatenated two variables coming from ICM as key value pairs in set variable. After it is received in Call Studio, I would like to play the concatenated data in the Audio item. I am unable to reference that in URI. could you please tell me what I should be selecting in the URI so that the dynamic session variable gets played.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There's more information that people would need, but for instance are you adding .wav to the end of your file? I didn't know why you'd use the Ptype value, since I can't imagine what else it'd be except .wav.

What are you setting as the default location of the audio files for the overall project?

What you have may work here and you just reference your session value.wav, but it depends on how you have the other items set up.

This may sound like basic advice, but play the file you want first by hard coding it, then go back and change it so that the right file plays when you reference it by variable (and write it to the log if need be) so that you're sure you're calling it in the right manner.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

There's more information that people would need, but for instance are you adding .wav to the end of your file? I didn't know why you'd use the Ptype value, since I can't imagine what else it'd be except .wav.

What are you setting as the default location of the audio files for the overall project?

What you have may work here and you just reference your session value.wav, but it depends on how you have the other items set up.

This may sound like basic advice, but play the file you want first by hard coding it, then go back and change it so that the right file plays when you reference it by variable (and write it to the log if need be) so that you're sure you're calling it in the right manner.

thanks for the pointers. I was not aware of the fact that the variable can be referenced in the session data field. by the way, the reason why I am adding a Ptype is because from ICM we are only sending the name of the prompt without .wav
this was done in our previous IVR setup and it just continued. so no specific reason really

Thanks for your post Bill