cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Populate Unity Web Inbox From Field via UCCX?

drotheahit
Level 1
Level 1

We have a call center that handles voicemails from multiple UCCX lines via Unity Web Inbox. The problem is, agents can't tell which UCCX application the voicemail came from. We could use a separate vm account for each line, but that would be clunky. So, I was wondering if there's a way to get each UCCX app to generate unique data for the Unity from field. Generic calls from outside show up as "Cisco Unity Connection Messaging System", while internal calls use the ASCII Display (Caller ID) field from the line in Call Manager. The subject field displays "Message from Unknown sender (##########)" for which we need to retain the caller ID, of course. I'm currently using a Call Consult Transfer step to send the call to Unity.

UnityWebInbox.png

Is there any way to set such info in Unity from UCCX?

2 Replies 2

That’s an interesting use case. The only option I could think of is to use the Unity Messaging API (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/REST-API/CUMI_API/b_CUMI-API/b_CUMI-API_chapter_011.html) So instead of transferring the calls to Unity you record the VM on CCX and then send it to the Unity API via a POST. I’ve never seen it done, but it seems possible.

david

Hi David - thanks for your response. This would of course require some coding that is beyond me right now, but it's rather interesting. I wish UCCX had native functionality to save files directly to windows shares. I used to do this with wav files before, via SMB (jcifs jar), but was forbidden by my manager since he didn't want to have to support it in case I wasn't around. I may be able to figure this out eventually, but it will certainly take some time. Sure, it'd be great if anyone out there has some more concrete direction/examples of pulling this off, but I'm not expecting that. But I do appreciate the idea - it gives me direction to look into. Thanks!