Views
Helpful
Replies

Pre Attendant Console Menu

Patrick Moody
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can anyone please explain how I might be able to place a Menu in front of my main line (or possibly another solution), which is handled by my attendant console.  I am trying to accomplish the following.  When a caller dials my main number they will receive a menu which presents the caller with options, ex. press 1 for ..... press 2 for ...... press 0 for.....   Any suggestions, solutions is greatly appreciated.                   

3 Replies 3

Hello,

Do you have unity ( any type of unity (CUC, Unity Express) you can do a script to recieve the calls then from the extension you can forward the calls to another script or scripts.

Amer

Please forgive me, I'm kind of a Newbie, Yes I do have Unity, however, I'm not really sure how to configure a script in Unity. I typically use Cisco Unified CCX Editor (CUCE) to write or modify scripts which I use in conjuction with UCCX applications.  Are you suggesting I use CUCE to write a script for Unity?  If so how do I associate the script with the main number in unity?  Again, I appologize, I don't have a lot of experience in this area.  I am actually taking over for our Administrator  who is no longer with the company. If you could provide step by step scenario that would be most helpful and greatly appreciated.

You have 2 options here:

1. use Unity to construct the menu via CALL HANDLER, you can find plenty of documentation on how to do that  and it is very trivial (no need for scripts), I would recommend this solution due to its simplicity and so that you don't waste IVR ports on UCCX.

2. Build UCCX script and send the calls to this application/scripts first and then simply use call redirect step to send to attendant, etc

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris