Helpful
Replies

Quality Management v9 - Recording file is .spx and size of 0 kb

Guys,

I have theses versions here :

CUCM v9.1.2

Quality management 9.0.1.57

UCCX 9.0.2.11001-24

Desktop are connected on the PC port of the phone !

I want to do the desktop recording and I have an issue where the storage location contains only .spx files that are empty with 0 bytes.

Here is the troubleshoot I did :

From the Recording interface I can see all the conversation but I can't play it.

If I use wireshark I can see the RTP on the destop, I can convert it and listen that RTP stream..so the stream is going to PC

If I run the QMDump on the desktop of the agent I see the G711 Ulaw which is good but I can't find Skinny hearts beats ( logs of QMdump Attatch ).. I rebooted the phone but still..

I see on the troubleshooting guide, that this situation could be during the conversion process, it says we need to get logs and escalate the case.

Anyone have a suggestion ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Philippe,

I was facing the same issue with the same verions and I remove the MAC address from VOIP device at Cisco QM and QMdump from the agent PC the same but i still facing the same issue o bytes at the storge folder.

Knowing that I configured User login profiles for extension mobility.

Thanks

Haitham,

View solution in original post

As stated in the previous response, Desktop recording does not require ANY devices to be configured in the QM VoIP Device table.  Having this configured will cause problems for Desktop Recording.

Verify your windows user is configured (Linked and Licensed) for Recording, restart the recording service on the Desktop, verify you get Skinny (SCCP) traffic from the attached phone via wireshark and place test call.

If this continues to write 0kb files,  I'd recommend engaging Cisco TAC for further troubleshooting, Please included the Desktop Logs and Wireshark to the engineer,

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Just want to share..

We saw that we have some devices in the "Voip Devices" list as Enable for recording.

As this section wat for the network recording with built in bridge and NOT for Desktop recording, we just remove all devices, restart Agent PC and the file size now increase.

Thanks,..

Hi Philippe,

I was facing the same issue with the same verions and I remove the MAC address from VOIP device at Cisco QM and QMdump from the agent PC the same but i still facing the same issue o bytes at the storge folder.

Knowing that I configured User login profiles for extension mobility.

Thanks

Haitham,

As stated in the previous response, Desktop recording does not require ANY devices to be configured in the QM VoIP Device table.  Having this configured will cause problems for Desktop Recording.

Verify your windows user is configured (Linked and Licensed) for Recording, restart the recording service on the Desktop, verify you get Skinny (SCCP) traffic from the attached phone via wireshark and place test call.

If this continues to write 0kb files,  I'd recommend engaging Cisco TAC for further troubleshooting, Please included the Desktop Logs and Wireshark to the engineer,

I have the same issue. But not using desktop recording. Only Network Recording. Just not clear what exactly to do with this kind of error.

Thanks!

Mary,

this issue pertains to either not receiving a SIP invite to start recording, or not receiving the actual RTP from the phone.  More than likely it is not receiving a SIP invite.  Check the (WFO 9.0 "Recordserver.dbg") or (WFO 10.0 "Ctiservice.dbg") logs , look for INVITE, it should tell you if you received it or not.

Example of a good SIP invite:

SIP: IN|INVITE sip:8500@10.32.2.66:5060 SIP/2.0|6156255c|10.192.252.36:32880->10.32.2.66:5060|Call-ID: 9d54b980-34813388-111-24fcc00a@10.192.252.36|From:

Example of a BAD SIP response:

type=Network Recording,person=140]] call CiscoCall[Call[2:20211600];ConnectionId=31651532] should have received SIP but didn't!

If you are getting a SIP invite, then check the ports between Phone and Recordserver to ensure RTP can get through.

If you are NOT getting a SIP invite, check your CUCM configuration for Recording:

here is a link to guide you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/cmfsgd601/fsmr.html#wp1047595

Hi,

Recording is running when Record is pointed to the Base Server but when network recording is pointed to the Record Server. No recordings at all. During the recording there is 2 KB raw file being generated in the recording file path location then after the call espx file is 0 KB in size.

In our setup we will not use Base Server as Recording Server that is why I deleted it in the lists of Recording Servers in Admin (PostInstall)

Btw, thank you very much for your help. Because I created a case to Calabrio, but so slow to respond.

Regards,

Ann

I'm assuming you have version 9.0, in this version, sip trunk was pointed at the record server.

are you able to get sip invites?

Hi,

So meaning, I need to point the Sip Trunk to the Recording Server not in the Base Server? I am actually confused because after checking the logs cant find the sip invite.

This is the config in CUCM..

+ IP Phone BIB is on

+ IP Phone allow monitoring done pointed to the recording profile

+ Recording Profile - ok

+ SIP Trunk pointed to Base Server - ok

+ Route Pattern (4444) pointed to SIP Trunk - ok

Just wondering why choosing the Base Server as the recording server in Admin.. There are recordings but when pointed in the Recording Server no recordings.. Only 0KB files.

You want to point you SIP Trunk at your Record Server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: