cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended design for the cold standby CRS server.

renzil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to install the backup standby CRS server. Any recommendations how to install and configure the same.

Thanks

renzil

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Create another jtapiuser, duplicate your cti route points and cti ports with different DNs. Associate the RPs and ports with the second jtapisuer which will controll the second intance of CRS. On the original CTI route points on busy, no answer and failure forward to the corresponding new cti route points. During your CRS installation/configuration you can specify to use the same repository, so this way scripts are replicated. You will need to upload prompts to the second CRS seperatly. In the CRS configure the same applications, associate triggers, etc. That's really it!

Chris

Hello.

Where can I find documentation about building a standby IPCC Express 3.5.3 server and the procedure to follow if the primary server fails?

Cheers,

NJ.

Thanks for that. Sorry, I didn't look in the SRND for recovery procedures. Swapping drives around hey, I can't wait for v4...

Cheers,

NJ.

Hi all,

We've had issue with the old drive swap process, on our system the drives out of the live in the cold are seen as failed - thus stopping the cold from booting.

Has anyone else had this issue ?

Server spec - CRA 3.5 on MCS7845H's

Hello.

I think in the SRND it says that you can 'hot-swap' the SCSI RAID drives out - that is disconnect them when the server is operational, then these disks that are popped can then be used to boot the cold standby.

Although this should work in theory I have been burnt by this on CallManagers in the past. If I'm ever popping disks as part of a backout strategy (which isn't really what RAID is intended for, but is common practice in the field on CallManagers & can be a lifesaver) I ALWAYS shut down the server 1st. Then pop the disks, then reboot & the option is usually F2 to disable the failed drives (but always double check...).

I've never had probs when I've done this when upgrading CCM etc. Obviously that ain't such a good option when you've got a 24/7 call centre hanging off 1 IPCC server...

Have you run the SCSI setup on the hardware detect disks on the standby svr?

Cheers,

NJ.

Hi,

I'm sure I've tried this, i've tried shutting down the live server - taking out disk 1 - removing disk 0 & 1 out of the cold and inserting disk 1 from the live into slot 1 of the cold (so they match etc)

Boot up the cold and say continue - As it complains that disk0 has failed etc - then it tries to boot from the network as disk1 has no OS installed ? ?

The live server is raid1 and the cold is set to the same...

Strange, as Cisco TAC have tried this procedure and it worked fine but it won't work correctly on our server.

Any clues?

I guess you're testing this at the mo? Can you still boot from the disks on the primary server?

If you can you should be able to boot from them on the cold svr as the SCSI RAID config is held on the drives themselves. If the drives have been failed (F1 during boot I think), then you probably won't be able to boot from em....

Yer, testing ooh as this is a production env.

I can't remember if i tried to boot off 1 rather than 0 in the live (once the disk has been re-inserted etc) as i've always placed both disks in a booted as normal.

I'm back in tonight to do some patching and re-testing. I'll take some notes on the screens and process's etc.

I'll let you know. Thanks for the advice