cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Refresh Application/Script and Current Calls

Jason Amick
Level 1
Level 1

I have an updated script with a could changes I have worked on and tested.  My question is I normally update the script the application points to after hours so it does not have any impact on current calls (just to be safe).  I know if I made this change during hours it would not effect any calls agents are actively on but what about the calls that are in queue?  Will they continue to be in queue residing in the old application in UCCX memory and the next call will then trigger the updated script?  Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, all calls currently services by the script will continue so until they are processed. All new calls will be processed by new script.

I have always refreshed applications during production systems on various versions and never seen it caused any issues.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, all calls currently services by the script will continue so until they are processed. All new calls will be processed by new script.

I have always refreshed applications during production systems on various versions and never seen it caused any issues.

Chris/Deepak:

Thanks you both for the quick replies. I guess I have just been playing it safe.  Thanks again!!

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jason,

This behavior had been tried and tested numerous times that if you make some changes to the script which is associated with an application and if there are any changes made to the script which is usually followed by the refresh of application and script, the call that is waiting on the CTI port to be connected to an agent will remain as it is, no impact whatsoever.

The changes made to the script will only take effect from the next call onwards coming in the Call Center and not for the ones that were already received on the CTI port and were waiting to be connected to the available agent.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: