cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reinstall a failed Subscriber node for UCCX 10.5

Risat
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to reinstall a failed subscriber node on UCCX 10.5, After the Subscriber reinstallation, on second node setup wizard I got the error message: "Add to Cluster is failed because of ClusterException Can not add node to cluster. There already two nodes in the cluster. If you need to add, refer Installation Guide for the procedure to replace any crashed node".

How can I fix this ?

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please ensure that you have followed the below steps in order to do this installation

1) Delete the server entry from Cisco Unified CCX Administration >> System >> Server followed by the reboot of publisher UCCX

2) Add the entry of secondary UCCX server again on Cisco Unified CCX Administration >> System >> Server

3) Proceed with the installation of secondary UCCX server

4) Once the installation is complete, perform Add to Cluster operation then

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply, i had followed the below procedure for the reinstallation

> Shutdown the sub server

> Removed Sub server from the Pub server list

> Add the Sub server back to the Pub server list

> Installed new Sub server and tried to run setup wizard, it gave me the error mentioned above

> I restarted the Pub server and tried to run the setup wizard, but still the same error

Do i need to remove the server again, restart the Pub and reinstall the Sub server ??

Do i need to remove the server again, restart the Pub and reinstall the Sub server ??

Yes you can try this once and if it still does not work then contact TAC as they might need to take the root access of your server and add/remove the entries that way then.

Regards

Deepak

Was TAC able to resolve your issue?  I'm having the same problem.  When I opened a TAC case they reviewed a few files as root, but was not able to fix the issue.  Any clues I could give my TAC engineer to help resolve the issue?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: