cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing a "Message of the Day" prompt.

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

I have an IPCC Express script which allows the user to record a "message of the day". I am adding a facility to remove this. I attempted to write a null document to the motd.wav file, and although this works, it generates an system error message (the null motd.wav file is written to disk).

The only other way I can see of doing it to use the Create Document step to open a "blank" WAV file (a non-null file effectively containing a short silence) and then writing this back to the motd.wav file.

4 Replies 4

marcusl
Level 1
Level 1

I was just thinking about creating a similar script for a customer. What I will do to achieve what you're looking for, disabling the temporary message, I will configure the recording application with an enable/disable option that will write a value to an XML-file which will be parsed by the main application to decide wheter to play regular prompts or temporary prompts.

Best regards,

/M

Hi

Can you post or send me an example of this script? I would like to make one almost exactly the same but I can't get the hang of doing the XML stuff.

thanks,

Alan

I'm in desperate need of an example too. I can read the value from the xml file just fine, but I can't figure out how to "write" to that file to change the value. Everything I try completely erases everything in the xml file. I've tried using the "test substitution" step without any success.

Nevermind. I figured it out from reading this post and a variety of other posts on the topic. The missing piece for me was not knowing that XML could be read from a text file.