cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

requirement for different scripts in ICM to access different Tables for a DB look up

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have a requirement for different scripts in ICM to access different Tables for a DB look up - multiple companies, departments using a single UCCE.

Each of the companies make use of different DB lookup for routing

Ive see the doc http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-intelligent-contact-management-enterprise/47063-dbworker-login.html and wonder if there is a limit to the number of "servers" I can add .

I would naturally  look to create separate db owners for each one so a change for one company does not impact others

Company A needs access to table A

Company B needs access to table B

Company C needs access to table C etc

If there a limit to the regedit setting can I keep adding ServerC, Server D etc

"SQLLogin"="\\ServerA\DatabaseA=(domain\user,password),\\ServerB\DatabaseB=(domain\user,password)"

thanks

2 Replies 2

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

any help ?

Following on this

Where is the dbworker process, how do I stop it . Ive attached a screen shot of where I think it is - is it correct and is it just the case of double clicking the "application"- not done it before

c:\icm\bin\_icmx.x.x.x.x\dbworkder.application

second question

I currently have a script referencing databaseA , the db is redundant across two SQL servers so my sqllogin is

"SQLLogin"="\\ServerA\DatabaseA=(domain\user,password),\\ServerB\DatabaseB=(domain\user,password)"

however we have additional scripts which require additional dblookup`s. I`m looking to create the actual tables the dbworker will use on different database using the same servers as before but since the scripts are for different "departments" I thinking to create a separate db for each script with different passwords to completely separate them

Script 1 to use database A and A with logon, password A on servers A and B

Script 2 to use database B and B with logon, password B on servers A and B

Script 3 to use database C and C with logon, password C on servers A and B

so potential my sqllogin will  look like this

"SQLLogin"="\\ServerA\DatabaseA=(domain\userA,password),\\ServerB\DatabaseA=(domain\userA,password),\\ServerA\DatabaseB=(domain\userB,password),\\ServerB\DatabaseB=(domain\userB,password),\\ServerA\DatabaseC=(domain\userC,password),\\ServerB\DatabaseBC(domain\userC,password),"

Is there a limit on the number of SQLLogin I can have in the regedit settings?

The dbworker process can be restarted using task manager.

under processes --> select process from all user --> select dbworker.exe and just kill it.

it will restart automatically.

and for your second question, yes you can setup multiple DB connection using SQL login. i am not sure whats the limit but there is limit for how many concurrent threads can run to access any database and the max value is 20 i guess.

most of the time MS SQL is not intended to be redundant but SQL Login seems to be correct.

now the only thing you need is, under config manager --> explorer tools --> DB explorer, define the tables and columns residing on different databases.