cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resource based routing, select resource and user

mpsaiz
Level 1
Level 1

My question is in this font, information from the system is in this font.

Does anyone know where a resource base routing script is I can look at.  I am pretty new at Contact Center scripting but have done some programming and a lot of UNIX scripting.  I assume the logic is similar.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I need a queue that will route users based on the skill.  I need English and Spanish.

I have created and assigned the skill Unilingual for those who only speak English.

I have created and assigned the skill Bilingual for those who speak Spanish or both English and Spanish.

The bilingual queue shows two users as expected. Below is the printable CSQ configuration page.

Contact Service Queue Report
Contact Service Queue NameHLTRS_ESD
Contact Service Queue TypeVoice
Contact Queuing CriteriaFIFO
Automatic WorkDisabled
Wrapup Time0 Second(s)
Resource Selection CriteriaLongest Available
Resource Pool Selection ModelResource Skills
SkillsBilingual( Competence Level:5;Weight:1;Order:1 )
ResourcesPhone Bank 14
Phone Bank 10

Here is the English queue printable configuration with the expected Resources.

Contact Service Queue Report
Contact Service Queue NameHLTRE_ESD
Contact Service Queue TypeVoice
Contact Queuing CriteriaFIFO
Automatic WorkDisabled
Wrapup Time0 Second(s)
Resource Selection CriteriaLongest Available
Resource Pool Selection ModelResource Skills
SkillsUnilingual( Competence Level:5;Weight:1;Order:1 )
Resourcesicd 4637
Phone Bank 10

In the script when I go to the select resource step, the Resource Target and the Resource Selected both say that it has to be a user.

When I go to create the user variable I select Type=User, Name=Bilingual, Value=null. If I put anything other than null the CCX editor says that it is supposed to be user and I am putting in a string.

How do I create a variable that is user and acceptable to the system?  I have not assigned these users to any Resource Group or Team. It is my understanding that this defeats the purpose of skill base routing.

Also, different question.  If the Select Resource step fails to connect to the user, how do you queue the call?  Do you just configure the fail branch like you would a queued call with a CSQ Select Resource step?  

Have not found much on resource based routing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

“Resource” in CCX means the agent and is not what you want here. You want “skilled-based routing” which will have a bunch of search hits.

There are some sample scripts here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_02/design/guide/script_repository_902.zip

Your Select Resource step should have a Routing Resource Type of Contact Service Queue. This will then expect a CSQ Target name, either as a string variable or literal value in double quotes. The Resource Target is optional and not necessary if you set Connect to Yes (the most common approach, negating the need for a separate Connect step).

The Select Resource step will handle an agent not answering a call offered to them automatically if you leave Connect = Yes. If you set it to No then the nested Connect step Failed branch would need to use a Goto step to return to the parent Select Resource step.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

“Resource” in CCX means the agent and is not what you want here. You want “skilled-based routing” which will have a bunch of search hits.

There are some sample scripts here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_02/design/guide/script_repository_902.zip

Your Select Resource step should have a Routing Resource Type of Contact Service Queue. This will then expect a CSQ Target name, either as a string variable or literal value in double quotes. The Resource Target is optional and not necessary if you set Connect to Yes (the most common approach, negating the need for a separate Connect step).

The Select Resource step will handle an agent not answering a call offered to them automatically if you leave Connect = Yes. If you set it to No then the nested Connect step Failed branch would need to use a Goto step to return to the parent Select Resource step.

Thank you very much for your help.  Reading made it seem like I had to use resource in the in the select resource step.

I do appreciate you responding.  Once again thank you.