cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

REST format

JohnBushong8071
Level 1
Level 1

I am sending a REST GET form CCX to Cisco Meeting Server. I get data back from the CMS, but it is not in a readable format (expecting xml). Cisco TAC says it is not their responsibility to assist with formatting an API command. Anyone here know how I can get the CMS information in an xml format so CCX can write it to a file?

Thanks.

JB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The issue was in the Headers. I had copied what is in Postman and did not actually need it. If you look at the settings of the REST step one of the Headers is Accept-Encoding; that is not required. 

In case anyone is wondering: we have to add users to CMS manually, to include about 5 additional API commands to enable a host PIN number. Now that I have the CCX REST step working, CCX will make all of these changes "automagically". We simply use a web page (trigger) to input the User's name and phone Extension and "poof!" it's all built.

Thanks for reading and inputting.

JB

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have not worked with CMS API specifically, but generally you affect the API response data format with either or both of the HTTP headers: Accept, Content-Type.  Try setting one or both of these in UCCX's request to CMS to application/xml.
Can you post the CMS response for us to see?

JohnBushong8071
Level 1
Level 1

I have attached a Word doc showing what I use and get with Postman and then the same using CCX. 

Thoughts?

JB

The issue was in the Headers. I had copied what is in Postman and did not actually need it. If you look at the settings of the REST step one of the Headers is Accept-Encoding; that is not required. 

In case anyone is wondering: we have to add users to CMS manually, to include about 5 additional API commands to enable a host PIN number. Now that I have the CCX REST step working, CCX will make all of these changes "automagically". We simply use a web page (trigger) to input the User's name and phone Extension and "poof!" it's all built.

Thanks for reading and inputting.

JB

Is it working now then?