Views
Helpful
Replies

Restart the Cisco Finesse servers

Rohit Khajuria
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Could someone please share the detailed procedure of rebooting/restarting Cisco Finesse Servers ?

Thanks all in advance !!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It does matter as Finesse is embedded on CCX server whereas Finesse for UCCE is dedicated server.

As to validation after the reboot, you need to make sure services come up properly and you should conduct any acceptance testing you deemed required for your environment. For example make sure you can login as agent/supervisor to Finesse, make sure you can accept call from queue, etc. If you require mote testing then you can try forwarding, hold, conferencing, etc. typical things agents would do.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

UCCE or UCCX?

In nutshell SSH to the server and issue "utils system restart" to reboot the server.

does it matter for UCCX or UCCE ?

I mean the command will remain the same.

and I know the command, but I need the detailed process to do the same, including validation and everything.

Is it same as with CUCM Servers ?

It does matter as Finesse is embedded on CCX server whereas Finesse for UCCE is dedicated server.

As to validation after the reboot, you need to make sure services come up properly and you should conduct any acceptance testing you deemed required for your environment. For example make sure you can login as agent/supervisor to Finesse, make sure you can accept call from queue, etc. If you require mote testing then you can try forwarding, hold, conferencing, etc. typical things agents would do.

Thanks Chris.....

Hi Chris

I need one more help if you can, Could you please tell me how to create agents in Finnese Servers and how do we associate it to call manager ?

Regards

Rohit

You never responded with info on whether you use CCX or CCE as that makes a huge difference as to how you provision agents.  In any case you don't configure agents on Finesse. Assuming you have CCX then you configure them in the CCX server by enabling the user under end user configuration in CUCM with CCX Extension, which then will create the user as resrouce agent on CCX. In CCX you assign the user to skills groups, team, and workflows if needed (in Finesse). You also need to ensure the agent ACD extension on the phone is configured to specs (i.e. not a shared line, busy trigger of 1, max calls 2, no call forwarding, not part of line groups, etc), and associate the phone with RMCM application user.

Agents are created in CUCM, in the user account by assigning the IPCC extension.  Assuming that your UCCX & CUCM are already associated with each other./gb