Views
Helpful
Replies

Root access to CLI in VVB

jamieS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Does anyone know the process of enabling root user access on VVB CLI? 

I've enabled and created the remote account (remote_account create rootuser 30). However, the below weblink to allow creating the password from the passphrase does not work.

https://remotesupporttool.cisco.com/

Thanks,

Jamie.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VVB, as with every other Cisco Collaboration product built atop the VOS image, is a sealed appliance. Bash shell access is restricted to Cisco TAC personnel and even then they must have a defect ID where the workaround requires shell access to enable it. They are also expressly prohibited from giving the customer/partner the remote Support password as well. The Cisco platform CLI is all you get (it’s a Java input interpreter).

Hi Jonathan.

Thanks for your reply, and yes I understand the lock down. This is actually to replace a jar file under Cisco's request to see if it fixes a bug. I have a defect etc, and have asked TAC about unlocking in order to replace the file.  The post was more about the failed link to obtain password from the passphrase.  I just wondered if anyone was aware of a new link to get this done. If they prohibit this, it looks like they will have to remotely connect to us. TAC are being a bit slow in responding to my question. Sorry I should have been more descriptive.

TAC will need to replace that JAR file for you over a WebEx. The tool you’re referencing is only accessible to Cisco enployees; I believe it requires a VPN connection.