Views
Helpful
Replies

Script Question

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

The helpdesk manager came to me this morning and asked is this possible. He wants to know if I could modify the script that the helpdesk is currently using to forward calls off the network after so many minutes. For example a user calls the helpdesk and at that point they are in the helpdesk queue. So he wants if the agents are busy that after 2 minutes can the . user be transferred to another number internally that I'll have setup to forward off net. So he wants like a timer in the script that will count down as soon as the user calls. Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to your answers and have a great day.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

You can use a "Get Reporting Statistic" in your queue loop to report the current wait time of the contact.

2018-1002-currentWaitTime.PNG

...then evaluate the Result Statistic when it loops through your steps.  When it exceeds your threshold, do a call redirect to wherever.  (Don't forget to dequeue the contact first...).

Also, this won't work as a "Trigger" to initiate the call redirect or other action at a precise time.  It will only work as a reactive measure to your evaluation.

-Sean

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

You can use a "Get Reporting Statistic" in your queue loop to report the current wait time of the contact.

2018-1002-currentWaitTime.PNG

...then evaluate the Result Statistic when it loops through your steps.  When it exceeds your threshold, do a call redirect to wherever.  (Don't forget to dequeue the contact first...).

Also, this won't work as a "Trigger" to initiate the call redirect or other action at a precise time.  It will only work as a reactive measure to your evaluation.

-Sean