cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Script to generate a recording for use in a different script

mpsaiz
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to scripting and need a little help.  I two scripts that do the following.

1. A help desk script that will allow the user to stay on line or leave a voicemail for a call back.  For holidays, weekends, and business hours it does all the normal things, if closed the caller is sent to the on call number.

> I modified the script to query the associated database for open, closed, inclement weather and a network

outage.

2. So people would not have to login to change the queue status to the above conditions I wrote a script that will set a value for each condition.  Based on the value set in this script, the help desk will play the appropriate recording.

My Problem:

I am having a problem getting a third script to generate a recording and save it.  When I read online I could get the script to tell me it was recording but I could not find the recording. 

I would like to record a file in a prompt directory helpdesk/outage, and call it outage.wav.  When someone calls the help desk and there is a outage condition will play the recorded outage.wav.

I can do everything here except make the recording and I am getting frustrated.

Note: when I was trying this I ended up with a dbreplication problem and was not sure if I caused it so I am asking for help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well of all the dumb things to miss.  At some point I saw "File Type" and put wav, thought it would add the .wav.

Thank you Sean for your help, you were right on the money here.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

mpsaiz
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry I forgot to mention the value for outage, closed...is in the sql database.  I also can modify the script that sets the value to force the user to record a outage prompt before it set the value in the sql database.

Thank you for any help you give me.

I think this topic has come up several times previously.  I did a quick search for 'record and save prompt' and this came up (right above your initial post):

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/need-uccx-script-recorded-prompt-save-to-default-prompt-location/td-p/2197995

The major steps to accomplish this are:

1.  Record prompt step (You are probably already doing this part...but here for necessity)

2.  Get User / Authenticate User (Authorized user is necessary to upload a prompt to the repository)

3.  Upload Prompt Step (once a prompt is uploaded to the repository, it can be used by other scripts)

If you post a screenshot of the problem area in your script we can probably help identify which one of the above elements is missing.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

Thank you.  I will play with the Get User section of the scripting.  Wondering if the authenticate user step gives them permissions to create the wav file or if there is some other way it gets the user.

I happened to see your reply and played for about an hour.  I did not have success with because I need to figure out the steps, but I play tonight and see what I can do. 

Okay... so I didn't really like the sample script in the link I posted; so I wrote one the way I would do it.

Here's what it looks like:

Capture-1.PNG

Script variables (Parameter variables for Prompts should be replaced in App Admin UI if you are not using Text To Speech):

Capture-2.PNG

Here are my Application Parameter settings in the App Admin:

Capture-3b.png

When 'Successful' a message plays, "Your prompt was successfully saved.  Good bye." ...and 'MoTD.wav' will be saved to the default language directory in the Prompt Repository.  If not, it just plays,"Good bye."

Authorized User is an Agent Resource configured in CUCM (wth IPCC Extension) and Agent Resource in UCCX.

...a more robust solution would be a script that interactively queries the calling contact for their Extension and PIN; and then the desire prompt name.  The above is just to demonstrate how to record and save (upload) a spoken prompt.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

Thank you, i am working on this now.  My script query's an SQL database for queue they have access to and their pin. 

I suspect my problem is the IPCC extension.  I was using random numbers.

I will let you know 

Ah... yup.  no 'random' magic going on here... :-)

Hope it gets you back-on-track.

-Sean

Is your system express or enterprise?  I am working with UCCX.

I am using UCCX, as well.  You can see in the images, I am using the UCCX editor.  Enterprise, unless paired with IPCC IP-IVR, editors look different.  Most people on here are using CVP for IP-IVR stuff these days.

Were you still having difficulties? If so, post a screen shot, MIVR log, or more details regarding the issue.

-Sean 

First let me apologize for not responding sooner.  The post by Sean looks to be what I was looking for.

I tried plugging it into the script but have some problems.  So I am working on just generating a script to record a wav file and I can see the recording saved. 

Sean pointing out that the pin was on the CallManager helped out a lot.  I think I have been able to authenticate the user because I placed a recording after the successful step of authenticate user, but not sure because there is no recording doc.

Is there a privilege level the user has to be at (i.e. supervisor) in order to record?

Dose the user have to be assigned to a queue or can the just be a resource? (my case)

recordScript.PNG

attrubutes.PNG

Authorized user for uploading a prompt is "Agent" status.  It was originally set this way, back when Cisco introduced the "Spoken Name Upload" application.  I believe this was around Release 9x.  It subsequently broke in Release 10x...  (I had a request open with the TAC...).  Supposedly, it was to be fixed in release 11x.

-Sean

...also, after re-examining your screenshots above (I can't tell if your named variables for auth user, PIN, and File Name are set as parameters...), but the upload step will not be successful if your "Upload Prompt - File Name" variable/field is missing a "stringName.wav" in the filename field.  Looks 'Empty' in the pics above. 

I have not been successful at uploading anything without the *.wav filename type/suffix.  Probably a requirement for the Prompts repository.  Yes...in double quotes, it's a variable of type String. 

The string name can alternatively be numbers:  "1234.wav"

Hint:  a more complete application would allow/require the call contact recording the prompt, to name it...using numeric DTMF entries from the keypad.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

Well of all the dumb things to miss.  At some point I saw "File Type" and put wav, thought it would add the .wav.

Thank you Sean for your help, you were right on the money here.

You're welcome.
-Sean