Views
Helpful
Replies

Scripting help

gunwng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

Brand new to scripting here and my office has a request to change our existing script for one of our groups and add the pre-recorded message "all agents are currently busy" and have it play every 2 minutes after the initial one.

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

15 Replies 15

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Do you have something specific you're not able to do? Like, can you even log in to the system to make changes? Are you aware of how to change scripts via the Script Editor? What exactly are you needing suggestions for?

Hi,

I already have the script I want edited open. Im trying to figure out how to add a pre-recorded greeting to my existing script to play every 2 minutes while someone is waiting for an agent.

Ok, so you will first need the audio recording in a specific WAV file format. Do you have that already, or do you need to create it first?

Yup, I already have the recording in the correct format in English and Spanish.

Have you uploaded the recordings to the UCCX AppAdmin web interface under Applications > Prompt Management?

Yup,

Have the recorded prompt in the correct folder for English and in Spanish.

Ok, excellent. So now, in the script editor, you need to locate the Select Resource step, this is the step which adds the caller to the Queue. If the caller does in fact need to wait for an Agent, then the code inside of the Queued branch of this step will be followed.

It might look something like this:

Select Resource from CSQ
Connected
End
Queued
QueueLoop:
Play Prompt (Queue Message)
Place Call Hold
Delay 120 sec
Place Call Unhold
Goto QueueLoop

And if it doesn't look quite like that, that is ok, but that's pretty basic and represents the logic you're going to need to play a prompt every 2 minutes.

Can you confirm that you can locate that area of your script?  And hopefully, you only have one in there, as some people will place more than one in a single script, making long term administration harder.  Let's hope that's not your case.  Feel free to upload the entire script here too, or to screenshot the section.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.49.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.50.31 AM.png

Ok, so the important bits are chopped out of your screenshot. the queue treatment, what the caller experiences while waiting, most starts at the QUEUE LOOP: label, and then goes up until you see a Goto QUEUE LOOP step below it. You are going to need a Play Prompt step in there somewhere and how you play your file is like this: Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[yourfilename.wav]) The language is found automatically for you by use of the language on the Trigger or the language the caller selected in a previous menu, followed by the use of the Set Contact Info step, to switch the language of the call.

Sorry should have uploaded the script from the start.

Hi Anthony, I think he's referring to PCCE, not UCCX, at least based on the initial post.

If that's the case, probably would need to know how your ICM script looks, what you're using to play the hold message (Call Studio vs. Microapp) compared to this new prompt you're going to play, etc.

Bill, As far as I know its not PCCX.

What is the full name of the product you have?

Tags were my fault.

Its UCCX 10.5.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: