Views
Helpful
Replies

scripting-length of call.PeripheralVariable 1-10

khaled.Jerbi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello every one,

i want to know the length of call.PeripheralVariable 1-10.

UCCE 8.5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

40 bytes is the max written to TCD/RCD. Within a script however you can actually write/retrieve more than 40 bytes. Found this out by accident while troubleshooting an ICM to ICM Gateway issue last year on a 7.5 system. I believe I tested this in 8.5 as well. It can be tested by stuffing something such as a string that has 100 bytes into a PV and then following that up with a node to check the length of the PV just set. All of that said, best practice is to only use the 40 bytes because of possible unknown impacts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Complete wrong.

thankyou for your help.

call.PeripheralVariable 1-10 are not managed in the config manager under Expanded Call Variables.

40 bytes is the max written to TCD/RCD. Within a script however you can actually write/retrieve more than 40 bytes. Found this out by accident while troubleshooting an ICM to ICM Gateway issue last year on a 7.5 system. I believe I tested this in 8.5 as well. It can be tested by stuffing something such as a string that has 100 bytes into a PV and then following that up with a node to check the length of the PV just set. All of that said, best practice is to only use the 40 bytes because of possible unknown impacts.

Yes, my bad, had a brain spasm, I've edited my answer and jpsweeny has provided the right answer.

david     

khaled.Jerbi
Level 1
Level 1

thankyou jpsweeney and David