Views
Helpful
Replies

Seeking Assistance with Monitoring UCCX Script in CheckMK

MikeHoliday
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm in need of some assistance regarding monitoring a specific number through a script in CheckMK. I have a script that operates on a particular number, and I would like to implement monitoring for this number using two criteria.

Firstly, I would like to check if the number is reachable. Secondly, I want to monitor if the script is functioning properly. This could be achieved by setting a custom variable to a specific value. I intend to perform these checks at regular intervals, such as every few minutes.

My objective is to integrate this monitoring process with CheckMK. I wanted to inquire if there are any existing solutions or implementations for similar scenarios within the CheckMK ecosystem. Alternatively, I would appreciate guidance on whether it would be more appropriate to develop this monitoring script using UCCX or Python.

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

1 Reply 1

So you can do SNMP monitoring (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_0/maintain_and_operate/guide/UCCX_BK_UD831833_00_unified-contact-center-express-operations-11/UCCX_BK_UD831833_00_unified-contact-center-express-operations...) you'll have to figure out if you're able to filter on the script you want. What I think you're actually looking for is something more granular that actually traverses through the script. For this, we've done it with Twilio where we place a call every x minutes and record the interaction. If the interaction doesn't match our expectation, for example there's a long delay or the word "error" gets mentioned, then we send an email alert.

david