Views
Helpful
Replies

server to server application for notifications

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

I need to develop a server to server solution that monitors agent for state changes. I understand that I need to do a subscribe request for every agent I'm interested in and I understand the data format that is returned. And based on the protocol matrix section, I think that I need to talk XMPP to the finesse notification service.

But what about the plumbing around it? I've worked with the presence API where I indicate a local endpoint that is listening for notifications.. then presence does a get on that address and I know there's new data to be extracted.

Clearly, with Finess things do work differently. I take it that I need to do some kind of xmpp subscription for things to work out. Are there any samples for server to server apps? I'm targetting .net but I suppose any sample is better than none. While there's a subsection in the notification chapter in the documentation, it only mentions the BOSH channel - and as I'm doing server to server, I need the XMPP channel instead.

Thanks

Stephan

18 Replies 18

Hi Denise,

Thanks for reply. Can you please suggest the best way to capture events for all agents activities, specially call related events?

Regards,

Umesh

Like Paul mentioned previously in the thread, you have to create one session per user on the server side, especially since you want ALL agent activities. Since you want all events, the supervisor model is not going to work since supervisors typically subscribe to the team node that only includes agent state events. I wouldn't suggest trying to have one user subscribe to all agent activities due to performance & support issues.

what kind of limits would there be if you take one agent and subscribe to all user nodes? Wouldn't having one session for every user require even more resources on the ccx (if all agents are logged in you'd have NbAgent*2 sessions versus NbAgent +1). In my experience (ive done both client and server sides in that scenario) the lower the number of sessions, the more resource friendly the solution.

Finesse doesn't support having multiple connections for the same user (signed in to the notification service) because the XMPP event feed gets disrupted. So, there shouldn't ever be a NbAgent*2 sessions.

If you take one agent and subscribe to all user nodes, the notification service may get overloaded and have performance issues, depending on the size of the system. If it works for you, great! But I am just stating that it is not recommended.