Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting the Default TTS Provider

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

I was trying to use the Create TTS Prompt Step in one of my CCX Call Scripts and couldn't figure out why when I executed the Play Prompt Step, nothing was playing...

So after a few tries I went and checked -->  Unified CCX Administration >> System Parameters >> Default TTS Provider

And as it turns out this dropdown box was set to < NONE >. Clicking on the box I can see the following options for me to choose from:

• IBM WebSphere Voice Server V5.1.3
  • Cisco LiteSSMLProcessor
  • Nuance Vocalizer 4.0
  • Scansoft Realspeak 4.0

Of these options, I am not sure which one I should choose... Any suggestions?

Also, am I ok to change this option and click Update during normal business hours if that is the only option I am modifying..?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

*EDIT : I also just noticed the section under: CCX Administration >> Subsystems >> MRCP TTS >> Providers | Servers | Default Genders... Does all that need to be configured as well? Or will that stuff get filled in once a Default Provider is set in System Parameters, because I clicked into each of those and they are all empty at the moment.

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Matt,

You are correct in assuming that UCCX does not have a built-in text to speech functionality on its own. However if you will integrate an ASR/TTS server with UCCX, you can very well give this functionality to the callers calling into the Call Center and this is the reason that those server names are coming in the drop down as they are the tested and supported one to work well with UCCX.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

After reading about MRCP TTS a bit more.... It seems as though TTS is ONLY possible if you have a completely separate Server running a TTS application like Nuance or WebSphere, is that correct..?

And just to be clear, UCCX does NOT have ANY built-in Text-to-Speech functionality at all, is that also correct..???

If that is indeed the case, what I said above, why is there a setting for a Default TTS Provider, listing Software names instead of something like previously configured TTS Server's hostnames (*if any were configured). The System Parameter setting for TTS makes it seem as though UCCX has TTS built into it....

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

You are correct in assuming that UCCX does not have a built-in text to speech functionality on its own. However if you will integrate an ASR/TTS server with UCCX, you can very well give this functionality to the callers calling into the Call Center and this is the reason that those server names are coming in the drop down as they are the tested and supported one to work well with UCCX.

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

Hey Deepak, thanks for the reply. Much appreciated...

Ok that's what I figured, thanks for the information.

Thanks Again,

Matt