cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent install of UCCX 8.5 does NOT install Informix

txtechie9
Level 1
Level 1

I am automating a silent install of Cisco Unified CCX Historical Reports 8.5 for deploying using our Software Deployment solution and when I use the silent switch (/qn) with the "Cisco Unified CCX Historical Reports.msi" file, it does NOT extract or install the IBM Informix Client - which is a required pre-requisite.

Can someone assist me with what MSI Property, Feature, command-line switch, etc. I can use (or a combination thereof) in order to install the pre-requisite IBM Informix Client during a silent automated install of Cisco Unified CCX Historical Reports 8.5?

Regards,

TX Techie

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

did you see a specific note about silent install being supported?

I once wanted to do the same, with the CTI OS Toolkit Client software, but failed. If Cisco does not support it explicitely, like "Silent install is supported", then it's not supported.

G.

Hi Gergely,

I have no idea. My only support mechanism is this message forum. I just assumed, like almost every MSI install, it can be installed silently. I was able to develop an automated install/uninstall of the previous version (v7.0) which used a legacy InstallShield install (after much work).

The only thing that seems to be a problem is that it doesn't extract the installation source files for the IBM Informix database software ([ProgramFilesFolder]InformixMSI). This gets created immediately upon double-clicking on the "Cisco Unified CCX Historical Reports.msi" file (before any interaction with the installation wizard). However, this does NOT occur when silent.

Can someone assist me with making this work silently or at least assist me in providing some kind of workaround?

Regards,

TX Techie