cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single agent, multiple CSQ's

JimSJ
Level 4
Level 4

I've got a question about the behavior of CSQ's on IPCC Express, specifically version 3.1(2). I have some agents that are in two or three different CSQ's each. If one of these agents is on a call, and there are multiple people holding in each of the CSQ's the agent is in, when the agent finishes their current call and go to ready, will it take the call that's been holding the longest of all the CSQ's to whom the agent is assigned?

For instance, CSQ1 has someone that's been holding for 10 minutes, and CSQ2 has 2 people holding, one for 2 minutes and the second for 4 minutes. My agent goes to ready, the call that's been holding for 10

minutes in CSQ1 gets presented next right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, have not been able to find anything on CCO explaining this (although I'm sure its there somewhere).

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If the agent selection criteria for the CSQ is set as Longest Available, then the contact is allocated for the longest agent waiting in available state. Contacts are serviced in FIFO (First In First Out) basis.

More description about skill based routing.

In 3.0, if an agent meets the minimum competency for a CSQ, they will be considered as an eligible resource. The actual Agent selection criteria (eg. Longest Available) determines which of the eligible agents will get the call.

In 3.1 there are new Agent Selection criteria. Most Skilled and Least Skilled. This allows for an eligible agent with a higher (or lower) competency level to be selected first.

Here is some info from documentation.

From CCO:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_1/english/admn_app/cra_adm/prov_icd.htm#1030484

-Most Skilled-Used for expert agent call distribution. Selects the agent with the highest total competency level and who has been available for the longest amount of time. The total competency level is determined by adding the agent's competency levels for each of their assigned skills that are also assigned to the CSQ.

Example 1:

Agent1 has Skill1(5) and Skill2(6) and Skill3(7)

Agent2 has Skill1(4) and Skill2(6) and Skill3(7)

CSQ1 has Skill1(min=1) and Skill3(min=1) and selection criteria "Most Skilled"

For CSQ1, the total competancy level for Agent1 is 12(NOT 18) and Agent2 is 11(NOT 17).

In the above case Agent1 will always be selected. Only if Agent1 is busy/logged out Agent2 will be selected.

Example 2:

Agent1 has Skill1(5) and Skill2(6) and Skill3(7)

Agent2 has Skill1(5) and Skill2(5) and Skill3(7)

CSQ1 has Skill1(min=1) and Skill3(min=1) and selection criteria is "Most Skilled".

Hence for the CSQ1, the total competancy level of Agent1 is 12 and Agent2 is also 12. In this the selection criteria defaults to longest available agent.

Regards

Yogi

Yogi,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. That answers some of the questions I've had, but I still have one concern. Let's say that Agent1 is a member of SkillCSQ, which is a skills based CSQ with a min skill of 1 and agent1 has skill 5. He is also a member of RGCSQ a resource group based CSQ.

In this case, we assume that every agent in both CSQs are currently busy. No other agents are available to take calls. At this point, Agent1 clicks ready. In the RGCSQ one customer has been holding for 10 minutes. In the SkillCSQ, 2 customers have been waiting 2 and 4 minutes respectively.

Am I correct in assuming that the customer that has been holding the longest, 10 minutes for the customer in RGCSQ, will be presented first to the agent?

Thanks!

Hi,

Answer is Yes.

Regards

Yogi