Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor role unable to read call state of users in REST API

hallm8
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys!  

I have a user that has been assigned supervisor privileges and my intention is to monitor the call information of agents during regular intervals.  However, when I attempt to make an API call to gather the queue or dialogue, I see this message:

<ApiError>
        <ErrorType>Invalid Authorization User Specified</ErrorType>
        <ErrorData>XXXXXX</ErrorData>
        <ErrorMessage>The user specified in the authentication credentials and the uri don&apos;t match</ErrorMessage>
    </ApiError>

From the documentation located here, it says `The authenticated user tried to make a request for another user` for this error message and code.  

I have attempted to gain elevated privileges for this user in order to make calls for other users.  Here is what I have his roles set to:

<roles>
    <role>Agent</role>
    <role>Supervisor</role>
</roles>

When I check the documentation located here, it says this about required roles:

Agents can only get a list of their own dialogues, supervisors can get a list of dialogues associated to the agents in their teams, and administrators can get a list of dialogues associated with any user.

Unfortunately, the documentation does not appear to specify more than wanting an Administrator, so I am unsure how to proceed. What exactly am I missing in this user role in order to see call details of other users, specifically in user dialogue?  A guide or something would be great - I will need to send this off to someone to get the roles changed because I cannot do it myself.  

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Administrator is a role, but in UCCE, an agent cannot be an administrator. The administrator user is the OS user that was created when Finesse was installed.

For UCCX, I know you can assign administrators via the admin console, but I can't remember off the top of my head if that administrator role is reflected in Finesse.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What version of Finesse are you using? Supervisor role to view the list of dialogs was added for Finesse 12.0. For documentation for previous versions of Finesse, take a look here: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!previous-documentation-pdfs

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise!

Thank you for your response.  We are running Cisco Finesse v11.6(1).  

From your documentation, it says the following for Dialogue:

Agents and administrators can use this API.
Agents can only get their own Dialog object. Administrators can get any Dialog object.

Perhaps I am not understanding this correctly - is an Administrator a role?  Can I assign a role to an agent to give him administrator permissions?  How would I go about giving a user administrative privileges?  

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Administrator is a role, but in UCCE, an agent cannot be an administrator. The administrator user is the OS user that was created when Finesse was installed.

For UCCX, I know you can assign administrators via the admin console, but I can't remember off the top of my head if that administrator role is reflected in Finesse.

Thanx,

Denise

Thank you for taking the time to respond.