Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching UCCX to a new CUCM

ANTHONY SCOTT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to switch a UCCX (8.5) to point to a rebuilt CUCM cluster which will be on new IP addresses.

It will be simple to update the UCCX configuration, to point to the new CUCM addresses.

However, the new CUCM cluster will be fresh build, with a mix of BAT and manual config copying to the new CUCM.

E.g., UCCX agents may need to be manually re-established (setting IPCC extension) on the new CUCM

to replicate the old CUCM's config.

Old and new CUCM are both LDAP integrated to the same AD.

But I am wondering about how it is that UCCX and CUCM share user (agent) identification?

Will a Supervisor: "John Smith" on the old CUCM system be properly recognised as Supervisor "John Smith"

when UCCX points to the new CUCM system?

Also, are there any issues/traps I need to watch for in making this CUCM switch?

Thanks,

Anthony.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CCX makes changes in the CUCM database at install time. For example, it exposes the IPCC Extension field in End User Configuration. If you're binding to a new CUCM cluster you need to re-run the initial configuration wizard. The only way to trigger that is with CET. And now for the downer: The VOS model locked us out of that tool; the only way to get at it is with TAC and root access. You need to open a TAC SR.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anthony,

When you rebuild the AXL integration and all the subsystems, i.e. rmcm, as long as the users have ipcc extension set in CUCM they should be re-imported into UCCX.

You will most likely need to delete all jtapi integrations, i.e. cti groups/triggers/etc and re-build them from UCCX, but you may attempt data resync from UCCX.

I cannot think of any other potential issues/

HTH,

Chris

CCX makes changes in the CUCM database at install time. For example, it exposes the IPCC Extension field in End User Configuration. If you're binding to a new CUCM cluster you need to re-run the initial configuration wizard. The only way to trigger that is with CET. And now for the downer: The VOS model locked us out of that tool; the only way to get at it is with TAC and root access. You need to open a TAC SR.