cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Taking Digits from Caller and using them in a 3rd party app

shawneec1
Level 1
Level 1

What I am trying to do is take info from the caller and then though the Agent Desktop Administrator use it to open a 3rd party app and populate that with those digits.

I have written in my script to gather the digits from the customer and store then in a variable, but from there I am stuck. I think I need to use the Set Enterprise call info step use the data gathered from that variable to pass to the desktop admin.

The desktop admin is all configured correctly except for the part where it pulls the data, when it executes this step no data is populated.

I hope all of this makes sense, any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Christian Holst
Level 1
Level 1

Are you able to see the data in the agents right side(part of layout, configured in desktop administrator)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Yes I am able to see the digits on the agent desktop. I have been playing around with it more and it seems that maybe the issue is with the macro part. I have one that i set up a while back that did work. But now that i go back into it i am not able to change it or even record a new one, when i click record it acts like it is recording (starts blinking at the bottom of the screen) but nothing writes to it.

I was just noticing this thread has no closure.

Did you ever get it working?

I have had lots of trouble with the Macro action, and it can be frustrating.

One of the more common problems is that the macro works too quickly for the receiving application to process the barrage of key strokes being thrown at it.  So one approach I like to use is, focus the application, then delay a little to let the UI redraw, then send the data.

Example:

[APPLICATION:APPLICATION_NAME]

[DELAY] 500

[ENTERPRISE FIELD:FIELD_NAME]

[ENTER]