Views
Helpful
Replies

Team Name is not reflecting correctly in Cisco Supervisor Desktop

ccg-collab1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

rom our UCCX system where the Cisco Supervisor Desktop client reverts most agents ‘Team’ under ‘Servicedesk-Team’ instead of ‘VIP.

Issue:

The agents statistics can be monitored via the ‘Servicedesk-Team’ Team instead of the ‘VIP’ Team (Please see the attached image with filename photo1.)

Checking via Subsystem> RmCm> Resources, agents ‘Team’ is still under ‘VIP’ (Please see the attached image with filename photo2.)

If I go to Cisco Desktop Administrator> Personnel> Agents, agents Team is already reflecting ‘Servicedesk-Team’ (Please see attached image with filename photo3.)

Wherein it should only be ‘VIP’ for all the agents like on the screenshot below (Please see attached image with filename photo4.)

This is the third time it has occurred and our workaround is to set each agent’s team under RmCm> Resources to either ‘Default’ or ‘Servicedesk-Team’ > Save > set again to ‘VIP’ > Save and everything will start to be fine again.

Can you kindly please advise what logs/traces are needed from our end so we can move forward on this issue? Looking forward for some help. Thank you

10 Replies 10

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Have you tried manually syncronization , go to Services Configuration"->"Synchronize Directory  Services".

Also can you run utils dbreplication runtimestate on CLI and paste the out put to see if any replication issue between two sides.

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your response, we will try to do this and I will inform you the result. May I ask also of what logs should I gather in the uccx for our further analysis? Thank you so much.

It looks like there are some inconsistencies in the UCCX DB and therefore the changes that you are doing there are actually not taking place. Before going ahead and collecting the logs, I will recommend that go for a complete cluster reboot (first Primary and once it comes up then secondary). This should clear any deadlocks, DB inconsistencies, core dumps etc and this should work fine then most probably. If not then we can go ahead and collect the logs most probably CCX Engine and Desktop Sync. There will be a need to set the tracing accordingly but lets keep it for later.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thank you so much for your response. We are currently using UCCX Version 10 and I cannot locate where the desktop sync service. We are planning to manually sync the directory service in CDA is there a service impact if I manually sync the directory service and what would be the effect of this to our operation?

Thank you so much.

Cisco Desktop Sync Service is located under Cisco Unified CCX Serviceability >> Tools >> Network Services

You can do a manual Directory Sync in production hours there is no impact. However, as mentioned earlier I will strongly recommend to perform a cluster reboot

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thank you again for the response. however it seems that the desktop sync service is only existing from version 7 (windows platform) we are now running the version 10 and we cannot locate the service.

Hi Deepak,

I ran the command "utils dbreplication status" and "utils dbreplication runtimestate" in uccx via cli.

and found this output "errors or mismatches were found!!!"

is that means that the database is currently not on sync?

please see attached image.

If you are seeing error in dB replication then please try to run, " utils dB replication repair/ reset all " and see if it clears. Otherwise you can do a dB service restart and then last option should be reboot. Thanks

Hi Deepak,

Are there any impact on the operation if I run the dbreplication repair / reset all? and should I run this on pub? Thank you

This will reset  replication connections and do abraodcast of al tables so you might not want to do any config changes at this time .Apart from that you should be good however i will still do it offhours if you are running prod enviorenment.

Yes, you will do in on the pub.thanks