cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topic: Is it possible to call Custom Action Element Java Class on the Hot Event to pass the Hotevent Alerts to other system as an error tracking.

Anil Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

While I am doing this login implemented in CVP and testing call flow it is throwing me an error as given below.  Kindly advise where I am doing the mistake.

172.31.62.6.1404921978814.92.Play_Media,07/09/2014 12:06:18.876, The error was: 'CVPActionSNMP.class' is not a valid action element class.

com.audium.server.AudiumException: 'CVPActionSNMP.class' is not a valid action element class.

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToAction(Controller.java:2956)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToElement(Controller.java:2691)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.continueCall(Controller.java:2511)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToElement(Controller.java:2742)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.hoteventRequest(Controller.java:2146)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.doPost(Controller.java:683)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:879)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It looks like you DID specify the file extension ( .class ) but

shouldn't have. In the error log you sent, it shows

'CVPActionSNMP.class' is not a valid Action Element Class

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

No, you can't call an Action Element Class from a HotEvent.

The Java class in a HotEvent can only build code that will be put into

the root document and executed on the VXML Gateway when an event occurs.

You'll have to connect the exit state of the HotEvent to another element

that executes your java class.

Ok, Thanks for your response Janine.   May I know which element I should call here I need to pass out the Hotevent error to Syslog server via SNMP trap.  I have class which is able to send the trap to Syslog server and that object I am calling in CVP Studio class however it is throwing exception...

Please advise... A quick response here will be appreciated..

I recommend you connect the exit state of the HotEvent element to an

Action Element (located in the Elements pane just above or below the

Decision element).

In that Action Element, select Source: Class

And enter the fully qualilfied name of your java class (which includes

the package, if there is one), but no file extension.

For example: com.mycompany.CVPActionSNMP

If there's no package, then just enter: CVPActionSNMP

Appreciated your quick response. ... you are great.

Oh! I udnerstood.now... you miss understood my question and I miss understood your reply... I have call flow same as you have mentioned in your response.  Hotevent exit line to connected to Action Element node and there is no package in my class so I have given the Class name only without extension... Even though this Exception is coming I have shared you my code over the mail to you.  Requesting you assist if you have any clue why this error is causing .... 

It looks like you DID specify the file extension ( .class ) but

shouldn't have. In the error log you sent, it shows

'CVPActionSNMP.class' is not a valid Action Element Class

Thanks for your quick response I had done the mistake and made the correct now error is not coming... Appreciated your help here.