cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

track in historical reporting when a user press a option

DavidPeter
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure how to track and what report to pull that will show me say how many times a when the script is called that a say option 1 was pushed and they were transfered out either to a queue or to another phone number? I have some users requesting this data.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David

The cheap and cheerful way is to do this:

1) In your script, when a user selects an option, use a 'Set Enterprise Data' step to set either one of custom variable 1-10, caller entered digits, or account number (entered digits or a custom var would make most sense) to a value that indicates the choice that was made. For example, write the string 'Option 1' if one is pressed, or 'Technical Support' if 2 is pressed and the option is 'technical support'

2) Run the Historical Reports Client and generate a 'Call Custom Variables' report. That can then be exported to Excel and filtered or pivot-tabled to find the counts of each option.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David

The cheap and cheerful way is to do this:

1) In your script, when a user selects an option, use a 'Set Enterprise Data' step to set either one of custom variable 1-10, caller entered digits, or account number (entered digits or a custom var would make most sense) to a value that indicates the choice that was made. For example, write the string 'Option 1' if one is pressed, or 'Technical Support' if 2 is pressed and the option is 'technical support'

2) Run the Historical Reports Client and generate a 'Call Custom Variables' report. That can then be exported to Excel and filtered or pivot-tabled to find the counts of each option.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you for your help!! I believe this will give them what they want. I actually have a couple of scripts I was using that in already to give caller presentation in the Agent. So I ran that report against those and it works great. So I will just have to edit the other ones in question and then show them how to run reports.

Sounds like a plan...

Regards

Aaron