Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to Find the Agent State (Ready or Not Ready) from UCCX Script

Hello all,

I am trying to implement sticky agent call flow (connecting the caller back to the same agent if their is disconnected during the middle of the conversation) using UCCX Script. I am successful in obtaining the same agent using Session steps of UCCX Script.

Now, the requirement is, if the sticky agent is busy (not ready or talking to some other customer), My Customer wanted to inform their callers that their previous agent is busy and cannot be connected now. They want the agent name to be played along with this message.

As a work around, I am using the Select resource step and connecting the call to the previous agent; if it is failing (due to not ready), then I am playing the not available message to the callers.

As a permanent solution, from UCCX script is there a way to find the exact state of an agent by querying the UCCX IDS DB?

If yes, can someone help me with the codes?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bala.

3 Replies 3

sridhcha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Regarding your query below:

As a permanent solution, from UCCX script is there a way to find the exact state of an agent by querying the UCCX IDS DB?

1. There is a table called agentstatedetail which logs the state changes of agents. There isn’t a single table showing the latest state of all agents.
  2. From the script currently you would be able to query only external databases and not the internal CCX Informix database.

Hence this would be a new requirement which would need to be prioritized by PO’s.

Thanks for the reply Sridhcha.

In script editor, Get Reporting step (Under ACD branch) has Resource IPCC identifier. This has an option to find the State of the agent. But for some reason, I am not getting the value of the agent state. When I checked the HELP page, it says the return value for the STATE identifier is "AVAILABLE, NOT AVAILABLE and IN SESSION".

Hi Bala,as per the doc (see below) I see the state names have changed to Ready, Not Ready and Talking

------------------------------------------------------------

State 

Current state of the resource. 

Note:

If you have pre-existing scripts that use Get Reporting Statistic steps—and these scripts were created with a previous version of Cisco Unified CCX software—please be aware that there is a change in step behavior in Version 4.0.

Prior to Version 4.0, if a Get Reporting Statistic step had the Report Object field set to "Resource ICD" and the Field field set to "State", the step returned one of the following agent state names: Available, Unavailable, and In-Session.

In Version 4.0, a Get Reporting Statistic step with the same configuration returns one of the "new" agent state names: Ready, Not Ready, and Talking.

This change can impact pre-Version 4.0 scripts where subsequent steps act on the results of Get Reporting Statistics to comparing agent state strings; in this case, the script will need to be modified to reflect the revised agent state names.